Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
OK BoTMers let's have those nominations for the August 2013 contest. Normal month so anything goes, no reason to whine in August ;)

Please see slightly updated rules here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules , especially note the first. Useful if you can structure your nomination as follows
➡️ username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
➡️ Image(s)
➡️ Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

That's a great start, definitely going to be a strong contender for my vote, although I'm not keen on the purple straddles.

We_are_Stevo":uodg7zcf said:
Perhaps this thread should be non-contributory apart from the nominations? :|

we've been here before..... :LOL: :facepalm: :facepalm: having seen some of last months thread I would second your motion. (However last time I suggested this it was pointed out that I have indulged myself :oops: )

Ah well we'll see what transpires.....

matt24777":1rx7vxgk said:
We_are_Stevo":1rx7vxgk said:
Perhaps this thread should be non-contributory apart from the nominations? :|

we've been here before..... :LOL: :facepalm: :facepalm: having seen some of last months thread I would second your motion. (However last time I suggested this it was pointed out that I have indulged myself :oops: )

Ah well we'll see what transpires.....

So have I, but I think that vindicates my stance; I've earned the right to say 'Enough is enough' where all the syophancy and bitchiness is concerned. It made a mockery of last months poll and is a constant blight on what should be a very community orientated feature :|

Was it any different to previous months? I don't think so, I think after re-reading, it was actually pretty tame in comparison to some previous months, (im sure I don't need to add the links).

What I do find frustrating are the rules are VERY clear, if you don't like "criticism" don't enter.

I think its a sad day, when you cant post a genuine "MERIT" or "FAULT" post which leads to your Voting decision.
Without it being deemed by those with perhaps a lesser understanding of the bike, and they simply HAVE to reduce it to a personal attack on the entrant.

What NONSENSE.

I have said it before and I will say it again, WE as a community are here to Vote for BIKES not the people that enter them.

Nonsense like this will lead to other members posting there thoughts and disagreements over details Based on two persons experiences.(which is of course what occurred, and to my mind no bad thing)

This then sadly leaves us with what I think an American member called BOTM being reduced to nothing More than
"Buddy of the Month".............Which to me is Very SAD.

Last month, was always going to be hard, especially given a lot of the members who do Vote didn't understand or careless because it was a UK based month, which inevitably involved a lot of far east production.

With all this said, it came down to only three for me and the best bike WON, and in the process a lot of valid information valuable to the site I actually feel was brought to the Fore by many members, and despite the BUDDY BUDDY element jumping on the band wagon desperately trying to score points.

Just one VOTING members view FWIW.

Now lets knock this crap on the head, and see sum bikes, cus that's why im here.

:cool:

No it's not. It's to criticise. If you were here to see, why say anything! I vote for nominations only. I like the pretty colours and aesthetic.

The History Man":1dz25j9z said:
No it's not. It's to criticise. If you were here to see, why say anything! I vote for nominations only. I like the pretty colours and aesthetic.

:facepalm: Then use that for your reason to Vote, don't add fuel to a fire that does not EXSIST as you did last month.

YOU REALLY ARE MY FIRST TROLL.... :roll:

I find that hard to believe. Perhaps the first overt one. Anyway. Emperors New Clothes and all that. Feel free to PM me rather than preen on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back