Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:29 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Vote Now
Poll ended at Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:02 pm
We_are_Stevo's 1992 Saracen Kili Wot 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
nevadasmith's 1989 Orange Formula 14%  14%  [ 24 ]
The History Man's 1997 Muddy Fox Rock N Roll TEAM 12%  12%  [ 20 ]
Mr Panda's 1995 Orange P7 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
Legrandefromage's - 1992 Saracen Kili Racer 5%  5%  [ 8 ]
Andyz's 1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Gravy Monster's 1989 Saracen Trekker Competition UU 12%  12%  [ 20 ]
Secret_Squirrels 93 Vit T 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
lord GT's 1992 Sarcen Kili Pro 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Boscarn's 1996 Saracen Kili Pro 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
mrkawasaki's Orange Vitamin T2 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Brocklanders 1989 Saracen Tufftrax 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Stocko's 1993 Orange Clockwork 8%  8%  [ 13 ]
1997BlackC5's 1996 Saracen Rufftrax 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
drcarlos' 1989 Muddy Fox Courier Comp 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
stanny's 1985 Saracen Conquest 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
MADB's 1984 S&G Araya Muddy Fox 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
chrisv40's 1993 Saracen Traverse 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Matthews' Muddy Fox Alu Pro 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
xxnick1975's Saracen City Bike 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
91lavadome's 1996 ORANGE p7 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
minorlegend's Orange Clockwork 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
iscervo's 1992 Muddy Fox Alu Xtr Twinshock 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Rodrigues' 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp 13%  13%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 169
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
The History Man wrote:
Type, read, pause, read again, submit. No excuse.



You assume everyone posts, as you do. I rarely pause or proof read what I write, before hitting the submit tab; grammar police be damned. One pet peeve of mine, is being rude, and not sharing rationale or knowledge. Sinnerman always shares rationale and knowledge, which makes him ok, in my book, even if rude from time to time. We are all human, and can be rude to those we love and strangers, alike, given the right circumstance.

* I'm not proof reading or pausing before I hit submit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
Archemist wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:

Huh :?: it's a bog-standard '93 Quattro XT frame and was actually NOS when I got it; exactly the same as the photo' of the standard bike I used in the build thread??


Apologies I cannot find the tongue-in-cheek icon anywhere - is there an APP so I can add one?

I do (did) realise there's nothing like that really done to your bike. It was my sardonic comment on the comments prevalent in this thread :shock:

I like the idea, the theme, I particularly like the colour combination - like an Italian wearing browin shoes with his grey suit and I like the wit. little

:D


...or Jack Dee with his Doc Martins 8)

BTW: whilst I caught your drift I thought it might be a little too cerebral for some! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7055
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
brocklanders023 wrote:
sinnerman wrote:

The decals are not far too late, they're period correct if not a little streched :?








Rubbish.......... :facepalm: the later ones were stretched, hence my point, and given all your previous criticism of Orange decals on multiple previous threads im surprised at that comment from you to be honest.[/quote]


The later ones were not stretched as much as that and not as much as the ones you had done (as you make reference to me bringing up in the past). The font is correct, that is my point and is not rubbish.

The reason I brought it up in the past was because I was suprised you of all people would not get it bang on. :wink:


Anyway, enough of that, back to the bikes as my vote's cast. :D[/quote]


So just for the record, are the decals incorrect REPLICAS of the original ones that were removed from the original bike or are they not,

I may be talking total Rubbish. but they certainly don't look anywhere near to me.

And to be fair Brocks, I wasn't banging on about your point ref "JUST" my bike or the size of my own replica decals, because they were matched in sized and spot on and that wasn't the criticism you made any way, no simply the colour of the Orange decal due to the ACTAUL fact the decal had so much gloss put on to protect a lowly clockwork from damage as a rider, and the multiple bikes that have been painted and refinished here on retrobike, which you also comment is "Not for you" on several threads I could mention. And yet this one can be Overlooked by you for its inaccuracies, as well as the fact it has been refinished, which you have frowned upon time and time again.

WHY IS THAT I WONDER.....lol

At least I can try and give an unbiased Opinion with out needing to blow smoke up a friends ass, for goodness sake.

But as you say back to the bikes.


Last edited by sinnerman on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
The History Man wrote:
Type, read, pause, read again, submit. No excuse.



You assume everyone posts, as you do. I rarely pause or proof read what I write, before hitting the submit tab; grammar police be damned. One pet peeve of mine, is being rude, and not sharing rationale or knowledge. Sinnerman always shares rationale and knowledge, which makes him ok, in my book, even if rude from time to time. We are all human, and can be rude to those we love and strangers, alike, given the right circumstance.

* I'm not proof reading or pausing before I hit submit.


You both also build exceptionally fine bikes time after time...8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
What's floating the boat for the non Brits? I'm curious.

Double u trekker for me (but I'm a Brit). A fine month though well done all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:25 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
I'm entering a Penny Farthing next time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16905
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
I'm emigrating :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 3191
makster wrote:
UU know it makes sense :wink:

The red 80's Saracen would have been a strong contender for my vote....but a kitchen photograph for BOTM??



I know terrible picture in the kitchen, but it was late and dark outside.

I did try with the second picture, which I think is quite fun


Attachments:
saracen 2.jpg
saracen 2.jpg [ 286.64 KiB | Viewed 220 times ]


Last edited by xxnick1975 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9717
Location: Skipton
sinnerman wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
sinnerman wrote:

The decals are not far too late, they're period correct if not a little streched :?









So just for the record, are the decals incorrect REPLICAS of the original ones that were removed from the original bike or are they not,

I may be talking total Rubbish. but they certainly don't look anywhere near to me.

And to be fair Brocks, I wasn't banging on about your point ref "JUST" my bike or the size of my own replica decals, because they were matched in sized and spot on and that wasn't the criticism you made any way, no simply the colour of the Orange decal due to the ACTAUL fact the decal had so much gloss put on to protect a lowly clockwork from damage as a rider, and the multiple bikes that have been painted and refinished here on retrobike, which you also comment is "Not for you" on several threads I could mention. And yet this one can be Overlooked by you for its inaccuracies, as well as the fact it has been refinished, which you have frowned upon time and time again.

WHY IS THAT I WONDER.....lol

At least I can try and give an unbiased Opinion with out needing to blow smoke up a friends ass, for goodness sake.

But as you say back to the bikes.



Blimey, you really have got a bee in your bonnet tonight Sinnerman.

Nevadasmith is not a friend of mine in the sense we hang out, go for beers, talk on the phone etc. He's a chap I've done a few deals with and who has collected/dropped off trades so I've met him a couple of times. Much like quite a few other members on here. I voted for his bike because it's my favourite in the line up and a bike I'd love to have. Is that ok with you?

Yes, I have stated that having collected quite a few bikes during my time here and done ground up resto's I now prefer fully original bikes and am not that interested in getting my bikes repainted. Is that ok with you?

As for the decals... I've loved most of your builds, they are always of a superb standard with the Hardisty being a personal favourite. I mentioned the decals on your Clockwork way back when because they didn't look quite right to me and I know you always pay close attention to detail. It certainly was not a dig, that's not my style. I seem to remember you said at the time you'd done it on purpose so fair enough. Quite a few people got the same painters you used to then do their Clockworks and the decals looked slighty off on theirs too imo so I might have mentioned it. Can't be bothered to search back as it was ages ago and I don't really care if I'm honest. don't know what you're on about with the colour of the decals? Unless that was yours on ebay the other week?


Last edited by brocklanders023 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9717
Location: Skipton
Forgot to add....

lol, pmsl, :facepalm:

etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group