Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now taking nominations for the July 2013 Bike of The Month contest. This will be a Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen Special Month, which will hopefully be interesting.

Please see slightly updated rules here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/BoTM_Rules , especially note the first. Useful if you can structure your nomination as follows
➡️ username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Fire Mountain
➡️ Image(s)
➡️ Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Nominat

A mint Saracen Hydrotech (any model) in a smaller frame size will get my vote every time. Love them!

OMG, OMG, what do I enter?????

Don't want to come up against Baz77's mint Sorcerer though.

Carl.

ridevintagemtb":3qs26t6s said:

Couldn't agree less. :LOL:

3 comparable brands, all with awesome top of the range machines, and some so-so lower range models that will, no doubt, invoke buckets of nostalgia for the UK Retrobike contingent.

Good choice John. (Yep, my first real MTB was a muddy fox pathfinder!)

Sadly as I haven't had any contact from gil and I can't enter a part finished bike I am going to pull this entry. If I get chance I will get some good pics of one of my Foxes and enter one of those instead.

Carl.

My_Teenage_Self":bn5pslrq said:
ridevintagemtb":bn5pslrq said:

Couldn't agree less. :LOL:

3 comparable brands, all with awesome top of the range machines, and some so-so lower range models that will, no doubt, invoke buckets of nostalgia for the UK Retrobike contingent.

Good choice John. (Yep, my first real MTB was a muddy fox pathfinder!)

What you said.

I've never had any of these brands - nor been particularly motivated to. But there's a few I've seen here that I've really liked, and am looking forward to seeing the entries - particularly Muddy Fox, seen plenty of Saracen - and quite like some of them. Orange - I'm a bit meh about - but that's one of the things I like about being exposed to them in something like this - you can suddenly find yourself appreciating something you didn't previously.

This could reveal some crackers :cool:

Look forward to it :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back