Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:28 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Old School Grand Master

i absolutely love the elgin but maybe its semantics but restoration? rejuvenation and modification definitely, but restoration to suggests taking back to original to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:48 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

jamabikes wrote:
i absolutely love the elgin but maybe its semantics but restoration? rejuvenation and modification definitely, but restoration to suggests taking back to original to me.

he restored it into a rideable bike, when it was scrap. Who cares if it's not original?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 pm 
Retro Guru

jamabikes wrote:

I think if this is just restricted to pure originality then there won't be many entries, Most of us tweek something away from the factory original.

I think this just has to mean bringing a bike back to life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:56 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

matt24777 wrote:
I think if this is just restricted to pure originality then there won't be many entries, Most of us tweek something away from the factory original.

Gives me a chance!! :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

jamabikes wrote:

By definition anything that has been restored cannot be original. Semantics. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

Edit, bike not old enough.

Last edited by Kona-Ian on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 am 
Old School Grand Master

sandmangts wrote:
jamabikes wrote:

By definition anything that has been restored cannot be original. Semantics. :wink:

Touche :lol: i really do love it, to the point i almost asked you to make me one, but i just cant get my head eouns it as a restoration.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 am 
Retro Guru

jamabikes wrote:
sandmangts wrote:
jamabikes wrote:

Touche :lol: i really do love it, to the point i almost asked you to make me one, but i just cant get my head eouns it as a restoration.

You should do one yourself. Maybe not as crazy as mine but you can build up a bomber style clunker pretty cheap. They are easy and loads of fun. If I ever build another like this I will buy a proper welding setup. The little bernzomatic torch I used sucked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Koski Trailmaster

I know it doesn’t look like much but I started restoring this bike about four years ago, the first photo is how I purchased it and the second photo is courtesy of the SFO Airport. About a year ago the bike was accepted into the SFO Exhibit and I was out of the country at the time so the bike was shipped to Joe Breeze who completed the restoration. I contacted the original owner initially and Joe happened to be very good friends with him so everything has been put back to his original build including the Blue Phil/Araya wheels that Eric Koski built for the bike in 1980. Erik also supplied the TT decal and gave instruction on where to apply it.

Build Thread

Last edited by stanlee on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:41 am 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC

stanlee wrote:
Koski Trailmaster

And we have the winner!

More pics please!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next