Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
and so on to February and this months competition..

The brief is "Recoil"

We will run it for 2 and a half weeks until the end of the 21st Feb, at which point the poll will go live.

All the usual rules apply, and for this month I would like you to consider the possibility of using a maximum size for the submitted photos, with larger ones available as a link, and let me know your thoughts.

Right, get snapping!

Two and a half weeks? Is that not just a fortnight shy of a year, or do you mean 21st February?

Recoil? Hmmmm, I am thinking gun content.

That is not just what you get with a warm gun.

Good spot, HF.Yes, I meant 21st Feb

I realise it has all sorts of connotations for guns, but another meaning for it is "to back away from". Recoil also involves springs....

Ok, thought i'd kick this one off, yes obvious choice but why not seize the opportunity whilst a quiet spell at work :)

Attachments

• Recoil Forks & Rifles.JPG
    Recoil Forks & Rifles.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,725
Only one taker so far, looks like you could be bang on for the win, jussa.

(see what I did there?)

this is your 2 week gong, gentlemen. The poll will go live in 2 weeks

Slight change of plan with the Feb competition. We're going to move the Poll date to the 1st March, and push the March comp out a little bit.

so this is your 3 week gong instead

mud recoil.....

click for a better size....

Attachments

• 6887529093_cdd15ae9d7_b.jpg
    6887529093_cdd15ae9d7_b.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 4,513
A twist on the theme

The act or state of recoiling; reaction.
Or, what you'd do if you knew the time it's taken to track down this build kit
kit027.jpg

Jussa":3puy5fdl said:
Ok, thought i'd kick this one off, yes obvious choice but why not seize the opportunity whilst a quiet spell at work :)

Aaahh the good ol 1895 303 Lee Enfield, looks like someone keeps these No 4 Grand Daddies nice and clean, even if you don't shoot em anymore.
Remember back in 1984 as spotty School boy in the ATC almost having my shoulder smashed to bits by the re-coil on one of these bad-boys ...this picture wouldn't happen to be taken in the armery at Marham would it ?

Attachments

• Recoil%20Forks%20&%20Rifles.JPG
    Recoil%20Forks%20&%20Rifles.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 4,328
Retro Spud":2h0xf1op said:
Jussa":2h0xf1op said:

Aaahh the good ol 1895 303 Lee Enfield, looks like someone keeps these No 4 Grand Daddies nice and clean, even if you don't shoot em anymore.
Remember back in 1984 as spotty Teenage School boy in the ATC almost having my shoulder smashed to bits by the re-coil on one of these bad-boys ...this picture wouldn't happen to be taken in the armery at Marham would it ?

Someone is very observant :D yep my little alladins cave of muskets & bang sticks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back