This is my fourth build. Been waiting for a non-specific BOTM month before nominating. I'm also pleased to see some other SS' this month so hopefully my Kona won't be incurrurring all of the purists wrath.
Had some good fun riding it over the Christmas period. The first photo shows it in all its muddy glory and the second after a sunset wash.
Build Thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 04#1790304
Build spec here
- Kona Explosif frame, 19" centre to top
- Kona Project 2 fork, 410mm
- Kona Impact headset
- Pro NOS quill stem, 105mm
- Ritchey Forcelite NOS handlebar (aim to replace with Ti)
- White Industries MI5 front hub and White Industries Eno eccentric rear which I built on to a pair of NOS Mavic 517 rims via DT Revolution spokes and some orange aluminium nipples (to match the frame highlights). I was a bit worried the orange nipples could look a bit too much but actually I think they are cool
- Geax Gato 1.95" mud tyres, running tubeless
- '92 Shimano LX black crank with goldtec 36T chainring
- White Industries free-wheel - 18T
- SRAM PC1 chain
- Brand-X 410 x 27.2mm silver seatpost. This is new but does have a period correct look about it.
- Selle italia SLR XC saddle (saving the Brand new Selle Italia Flite Classic Saddle for when all the mud has gone)
- XT M737 V brakes
Riding: Pace RC200 F5 Fixie Road Warrior, '95 Saracen Kili Ultra Ti Singlespeed, '00 Whyte PRST1, '92 Peugeot Black Mamba
Ridden: '98 Specialized Stumpjumper M2, '96 Pace RC200 F5, '95 Orange P7, '95 Marin Team Titanium, '95 Marin Team Marin, '94 Marin Pine Mountain, '94 Kona Explosif
Building: '95 Dekerf
Will Ride: Orange Vitamin T?, Yeti ARC?, Rocky Mountain Ti-Bolt or Merlin Ti?, something with elevated chainstays?