Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Let's have your nominations for the December 2011 rBoTM contest :D

It's not 100% a roadbike, it's a cyclocrossbike, i hope it's ok. If not fell free to delete my words an pics.

1991 Kuwahara HI-PACER

Built up with Shimano Ultegra 600 groupset, Mavic rims, Michelin Hi Lite Cross skinwalltires and Syncros parts. I love to ride it.

Greets Frank

I don't think I've entered this before, but if that is the case then will obviously delete.

Ex Marcel Duijn Rabobank Team Colnago cyclocross, exactly as I got it even saddle height :shock: bar fitting the spds (it came without pedals). Team issue Dura Ace throughout bar the cantis which I believe are Spooky. Interesting threaded Dura Ace headset that has been converted to threadless. A very sharp handling ride.

Apologies for the crap, as ever, photos.

Attachments

• P9091046.JPG
    P9091046.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 6,644
  • Top tube.JPG
    Top tube.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 6,644
Was considering entering my Alan. But think I'll save it for another month now - each bike only ever gets one shot, after all.

Ed, you forgot to mention it is an ultra rare SWB model for ultra technical courses.

De Rosa

Here is my entry for the December road bike of the month...This beautiful Columbus SLX De Rosa is equipped with a full Campagnolo C Record Cobalto groupset, Sigma Pave rims, Regal saddle and criterium bend handlebars. The non aero brake cable set up was intentional, as I feel it really suits this bike, and complements it's looks.

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

Up until now the De Rosa is my clear favorite, however having said that I have never liked the sloping fork crown that De Rosa used on this bike, nor the fact that the rear brake cable goes through the top tube (which is made to stick out all the more by the non aero cable routing). On other bikes the internal routing was handled very gracefully, but on this version of De Rosa, the forward cable entry is simply clumsy to my eyes.

nuvver de Rosa

Only ever seen one of these, an early AL+ with complete Campy Daytona groupset, (a more recent model so my other steelies will have to wait till 2012 :D )

Attachments

• de rosa AL 2.jpg
    de rosa AL 2.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 6,452
  • de rosa AL+.jpg
    de rosa AL+.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 6,452
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back