Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 am
Posts: 4840
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Dr S wrote:
Many are missing the point. BoTM should be about excellence. That doesn't mean mega bucks Yetis and Kleins, it's about passion. I'm just as impressed by the lengths someone goes to to restore and present a mid range bike- again may I reference WD Pro's Marin. An obsessive restoration of a Raleigh Mustang is just as likely to get my personal vote than a cheque book Klein resto. Part of that passion should be reflected in presentation too. Modern cameras are fantastic, hell even the camera in some phones are great. Just a little care and effort is all that is needed. You don't have to carry a shrink wrapped bike to the top of Snowdon to get a good photo, a well lit plain backdrop is as good as anything and can be found within 100 yds of the door! How hard is it?
Dragging something out of a hedge and taking a photo of it leant up against the bin isn't making any effort is it? Jesus, my four year old daughter has taken better photos!


Hear hear!!

I made this:
Image

Look like this;
Image

While its a pretty low end bike (it cost £40 30 mins before the top photo!) I got a few votes and was well chuffed. The bottom photo was taken with my phone - I made the effort to take it to a local park and find a nice background it would look ok against. I also had a build thread so people could see how much it meant to me and what I went through (on a low budget) to make it that nice.

If all I had done is hose it down, prop it up next to the bins (with the ground still wet - how often does that happen? :roll: ) then I wouldn't have gotten any votes. And none would be deserved either.

I like to see a bike that's been cared for, is appreciated by its owner and most of all, ridden. Price isnt a factor for me. If you tick the first two boxes, the least you can do is treat it to be shown off nicely.......

Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:48 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Posts: 2336
Quote:
I didn't intend to imply any criticism - merely to observe that the quoted post was eroneous.


If you're talking about mine, it would appear that the bike in question was not photographed by a professional photographer, so it doesn't seem be be all that er(r)oneous ;)

And to clarify an earlier posting, I appreciate that RobMac never suggested that anyone had actually hired a pro, that was someone else :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20773
Location: Sol Kitts
Rob Atkin wrote:
Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)


At FAT hasn't won BOTM for 3 years, if I'm not mistaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 4282
Location: Perfect Sound Forever
Quote:
If all I had done is hose it down, prop it up next to the bins (with the ground still wet - how often does that happen? )


On my pics the ground is wet... :oops: Mind you it had been raining!

Perhaps me needs to get some jamspangled piccies!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 988
kaiser wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)


At FAT hasn't won BOTM for 3 years, if I'm not mistaken.


ok so your all doing numbers and accounting's on the winners so the brothers can pinpoint the statistics? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20773
Location: Sol Kitts
yeti-man wrote:
kaiser wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)


At FAT hasn't won BOTM for 3 years, if I'm not mistaken.


ok so your all doing numbers and accounting's on the winners so the brothers can pinpoint the statistics? :roll:



Er no.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/index.php/BoTM_Winners

two clicks and I was there :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:31 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Posts: 988
kaiser wrote:
yeti-man wrote:
kaiser wrote:
Rob Atkin wrote:
Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)


At FAT hasn't won BOTM for 3 years, if I'm not mistaken.


ok so your all doing numbers and accounting's on the winners so the brothers can pinpoint the statistics? :roll:



Er no.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/index.php/BoTM_Winners

two clicks and I was there :roll:


... so 9 (where of 2 the last 12 months) out of 82 are Yetys - like mine chances are... FAT Chance :roll:

... Chris help me out here...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:06 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5669
Location: Dorset
yeti-man wrote:
... so 9 (where of 2 the last 12 months) out of 82 are Yetys - like mine chances are... FAT Chance :roll:

... Chris help me out here...


Is Chris your psychiatrist, to help out with the paranoia attacks? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:06 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5669
Location: Dorset
Damn computers....they're all against me :lol:


Last edited by makster on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5669
Location: Dorset
....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group