November 2011 rBoTM - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have a go! My recently finished 1991 Arthur Caygill 653.

Build thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171725

Andy

DSCN7648.jpg

Nice, just read the thread and enjoyed the build process. Normally a fan of the tyranny of the groupset but given the thought that's gone in I feel the component selection really works :D

What a wonderfully balanced bike! It is even nicer to know your thought process in building up the bike. It is a pity that Caygill did not put any effeort into the decals on the bike.

Looks a bit like that now Foz entered his Caygill everybody is holding his entry back for upcoming months :?

Who dares to enter? :)

I was going to enter my 531Pro SBDU: C-Record, Chorus...but it had a stay in my loft and I couldn't believe mice have eaten the brake lever hoods and my Cinelli bar buttons :cry: .

Sorry pics so fuzzy, can't get to grips with the wife's Nikon.

Trying to source lever hoods at the moment.

Roadking.

Attachments

• Mice.JPG
    Mice.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 6,677
Is that the mouse or the hood that you were trying to picture?

Bad news. Hope you'll be able to find decent hoods easily and not for too silly money. Pity you can't demand a compensation from such creature as a mouse.

It's the hood.

I'll post a better image as a warning to all bicycle owners!

I am hopefully on the trail of some hoods - unfortunately white ones seem really rare.

Rk.

A bought a pair from CampyOldy some years ago. I think they still have them. Mine were a tiny little bit yellowed however...

what do you mean by "Cinelli bar buttons" ? depending what they are, I might have some (or not)!

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back