Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We are now taking nominations for the November Bike of The Month contest. This month is a 'Made in Taiwan Special'. I'm not convinced it's a good idea but let's give it a go. The bike must have a frame which is made in Taiwan to qualify.

Rules in the FAQ here.

Don't forget the winner will receive a subscription to MBR magazine and will have their bike in the magazine! So get polishing and get those entries in :cool:

2nd and 3rd places will also get a set of retrobike stickers of their choosing :D

Re: BoTM Nov 2011 'Made in Taiwan Special' - Nominations Ple

John":1p162g97 said:
We are now taking nominations for the November Bike of The Month contest. This month is a 'Made in Taiwan Special'. I'm not convinced it's a good idea but let's give it a go.

What are your reservations John.?.

GT-Steve":1i68tkc6 said:
This month's special topic is gonna be quite 'limiting' then.. :LOL:

I don't know

A-Pro are Taiwan. So that's Orange, KHS, Marin, ParkPre to name but a few of the bikes we should be seeing.

So maybe I'll be first then, with my 1990 Alpinestars CroMegaDX.

astar3.jpg

astar2.jpg

Doh!
Here, I was hoping to get a bike into the contest before the end of the year. Will December be an anything goes month? If so, it gives me a few more weeks to get an entry ready; I'm sure I'll need them :( :cool:

Re: BoTM Nov 2011 'Made in Taiwan Special' - Nominations Ple

There is some solid stuff made in Taiwan so I don't think it'll be especially limiting. It'll of course exclude some of the more high end / boutique stuff.

sinnerman":3i34hidh said:
John":3i34hidh said:
We are now taking nominations for the November Bike of The Month contest. This month is a 'Made in Taiwan Special'. I'm not convinced it's a good idea but let's give it a go.

What are your reservations John.?.

That it turn into a bun fight!

GoldenEraMTB":2pb2zz9a said:
Doh!
Here, I was hoping to get a bike into the contest before the end of the year. Will December be an anything goes month? If so, it gives me a few more weeks to get an entry ready; I'm sure I'll need them :( :cool:

Yup, generally alternate the contest so Dec will be free 'n' easy.

What the hell

Whats the problem?
Here my 88 Stumpjumper
All original with the exception of the Uma Gumma's. She still runs Biopace and foam grips along with the clear spoke protector :roll:
I dont care what the criticism as this is my favourite retro bike and for the last few years its the one that gets used everytime. It makes me smile every time out :D
I love it!
Its probably no show winner but at least I can show it off with its fellow countrymen ;)
Jamie

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

My 1991 Muddyfox Sorcerer Mega, Will do some better and more up to date pics this weekend.

IMG_20111106_131225.jpg

IMG_20111106_121203.jpg

Build thread linked in my sig.

Carl.

Edited to Add pics from todays ride and after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back