PoTM October 2011 - 'Falling Leaves' - Entries Invited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok folks, running along side the poll for Sept this month, here's Oct's PoTM (Picture of the month).

The theme for Oct is 'Falling Leaves'.

October has so far been better than summer was, but those leaves are falling. So, get your camera out and take some pics! It's often the most beautiful time of year.

Rules are simple:

*Picture should be by you or of you.
*Picture should have a retrobike or at least a retro bike part in it (no not a 2012 Enduro with an ODI grip...).
*One pic/ entry per person.
*Nothing rude or dodgy please.
*Enjoy yourself - it's just a bit of fun.

Get snapping - I'll run a poll in a couple of weeks, so you've got a few opp's to get out and shoot some nice fresh pics of leafy biking...

i´m in with this one

holzweg3.jpg

cheers kay

@GaryTurner: :LOL: The french guy thinks about the dinner first. (Just kidding). I have really no idea. Maybe these mushrooms are chanterelles.

Honey fungus (Armillaria mellea or similar spelling). Allegedly edible, but may cause indigestion :shock: Like rubber then.
Lovely picture.

They were already musty on the top but that's not viible on the pic.

Edit: Jut took a look on wkipedia. I'm not sure if these are really Armillaria mellea. The pic on wiki looks very different to the mushrooms in the forest.

The Wikki pix do look different, mostly 'cause the top and bottom pix are young specimens and the middle, mature one is a flash photo so rather washed out. Check the centre of the cap for the speckling effect and the ring on the stipe (stem).
Honey fungus is notoriously variable - there are loads of sub-species.
It's a serious pest in forestry and fancy shrub beds.

I love mushrooms…
Why not with wine… (or with ODI mushroom on the bar! :LOL: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back