rBoTM September 2011 - Nominations Please

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We are now taking nominations for the September 2011 road Bike of The Month contest.

Rules in the FAQ here.

Get polishing and get those entries in :cool:

This month winner will take a Retrobike hat, runners up some stickers :D

1953 Marastoni with original paint and decals

After being somewhat disappointed with the bikes offered up in last month's poll, where they were all what I would determine "old used bikes" rather than classics, this month I am offering up a 1953 Marastoni with virtually all original componentry. Original paint, chrome and decals throughout and from what I can tell all the original components too, apart from the tyres, bar wrap and one brake cable. If you want to see more photos, please go to this link:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164314

Attachments

• Right side view.JPG
    Right side view.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 3,483
  • left side.JPG
    left side.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 3,483
Indeed a nice classic. Which was far ahead for his era, due to the rear brake cable through the toptube. The covers however on the Universal brakes are from a little bit later, I think according to its form. This one is already one of my favorites not even knowing what will be next... :D

Will try my 1989 Raleigh 531 C Luxe, Build thread HERE that started as a NOS frame & forks and is built on a cocktai of 105 & 600 parts :cool:

063.jpg

070.jpg

1954 Flying Scot

My Dad forgot he had this 1954 Flying Scot frame lying up in his loft, so when it was 'discovered' during a clear out it was a case of it heading for the 'tip' or building it into a usable 'vintage' road bike, so i saved it from the bin and rebuilt it. It was found with very early Cinelli bars + stem then i fitted 70's campagnolo nuovo record components and modolo brakes as i struggled to find original 50's components. It rides beautifully.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 3,417
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,417
Citoyen du monde":14utmp08 said:
After being somewhat disappointed with the bikes offered up in last month's poll, where they were all what I would determine "old used bikes" rather than classics.....

I guess that it comes down to where your particular passions lie - as my interests are more late 70s to early 90s I thought that last months entrants were top class!

Here's to looking forward to some good diversity this month.

the Flying Scot and the Klein are both amazing!! So different, but both could get my vote, and both are very welcome in my shed :LOL:

Back