Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now taking nominations for the July 2011 BoTM (Bike of The Month) poll. This is a 'Euro Special' month which seems only fitting due to the running of a certain cycling (and steak eating) race somewhere in said continent.

A few guidelines.

-We will be taking our definition of European countries from Wikipedia > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe. To summarise

Europe comprises the westernmost peninsula of Eurasia, Europe is generally 'divided' from Asia to its east by the watershed divides of the Ural and Caucasus Mountains, the Ural River, the Caspian and Black Seas, and the waterways connecting the Black and Aegean Seas. Europe is bordered by the Arctic Ocean and other bodies of water to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and the Black Sea and connected waterways to the southeast

-Certainly expect all frames to be made in Europe. We will not mandate European made components but will expect votes to take this into account.

-We will allow Russian entries regardless of where exactly in Russia they were produced.

Remember judges decision is final, it's just a bit of fun and the rules can be found in the FAQ here.

Don't forget the winner will receive a subscription to MBR magazine and will have their bike in the magazine! So get polishing and get those entries in :cool:

Would the M-trax count as a euro frame?

Not like it would win but would give me an excuse to clean it up

boxxer":3dt1dzrr said:
Would the M-trax count as a euro frame?

Not like it would win but would give me an excuse to clean it up

Sure, they are uk made iirc.

makster":x5nqjjwm said:
Are UK bikes excluded then?

If you read the Daily Mail or vote for UKIP then on I point of principle you should exclude your own bike rather than have it take part in such a Eurocentric contest.

Oh... Time to get out the Dave Yates UK/Euro special for rephotographing, and to dig out that Sachs cassette I have hidden away somewhere I think.

i believe in fixies":2wxiyrwm said:
makster":2wxiyrwm said:
Are UK bikes excluded then?

If you read the Daily Mail or vote for UKIP then on I point of principle you should exclude your own bike rather than have it take part in such a Eurocentric contest.

I'm ok on both counts then :D

Special month - does this mean that chowi's Gilles Berthoud can come out to play again? :)

MikeD":2v0o3758 said:
Special month - does this mean that chowi's Gilles Berthoud can come out to play again? :)

Ah-ha, as per rule 11 it cannot be re-entered by the same owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back