Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:40 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party
Ain't no party like an S Club party
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 7133
Location: UK
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
BoyBurning wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a whineing fart


risk? I'd say it's a certainty. But it's cool. Don't see the big deal talking about weather while another bike presents itself. Just scroll for the pics, if you don't want to read the banter :wink:

but by all means, feel free to whine away, despite it being off topic :lol: :)




Yawn.

OK, I shall just sit back and watch another thread descend to 20 pages of drivel on the off-chance I might actually see some bikes (kinda the idea, but hey-ho).

Becoming the the norm nowadays, and luckily I have a pretty cumfy chair so all good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 2568
Location: Durango CO, USA
Dont see why the 'nominations' thread can't be a discussion whereas the 'voting' thread can be just the bikes...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party
Ain't no party like an S Club party
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 7133
Location: UK
Because there's an off topic section where people can discuss the weather...?


I've just sat in a bloody traffic jam for three hours in rather warm weather and no air con.

To find two men and a shovel unblocking a bloody rain channel.

There were less cones used at the G20.

Tailbacks for miles, and an entire lane closed.

Utter madness.

But it's ok now cos dinner's on the way.

Sausages. Bakes. Fried eggs. Broccoli. Spuds. Etc.

Looking forward to that.

And it's National day tomorrow which is always fun.

Last year, or maybe the year before, my wife put my shirt on to wash on Monday morning following the race.

It had my winning ticket in the pocket.


I lost 400 quid or so.

She learnt the lesson of checking pockets.

A lesson I had been trying to teach her for several years after becoming somewhat bored of her snot rags dissintegrating in the wash all over my clothes...

I explained that it never happened when I put the washing on because I always checked the pockets of the clothes I was washing.



Aren't holes great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party
Ain't no party like an S Club party
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 7133
Location: UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kkDrmW_oHU&NR=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm
Posts: 2568
Location: Durango CO, USA
haha, "less cones at the G20."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
BoyBurning wrote:
Because there's an off topic section where people can discuss the weather...?

Um, for somebody mithering about off-topic posts clogging up this thread, you're last 3 or 17 (it's a magic number, alright, just don't question it...) posts to the thread have been off topic.

I'm just saying...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:28 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party
Ain't no party like an S Club party
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 7133
Location: UK
Neil wrote:
BoyBurning wrote:
Because there's an off topic section where people can discuss the weather...?

Um, for somebody mithering about off-topic posts clogging up this thread, you're last 3 or 17 (it's a magic number, alright, just don't question it...) posts to the thread have been off topic.

I'm just saying...



Yes.

That's kind of the point really.

And here's another one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:32 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
BoyBurning wrote:
Neil wrote:
BoyBurning wrote:
Because there's an off topic section where people can discuss the weather...?

Um, for somebody mithering about off-topic posts clogging up this thread, you're last 3 or 17 (it's a magic number, alright, just don't question it...) posts to the thread have been off topic.

I'm just saying...

Yes.

That's kind of the point really.

Ah, I see - it's that whole wrong to clutter up the thread with OT posts, but doing it, in a sort of post-modern, Jedi-mind-trick-hand-waving-these-aren't-the-posts-you're-looking-for way?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:36 pm 
Ain't no party like an S Club party
Ain't no party like an S Club party
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:54 pm
Posts: 7133
Location: UK
Neil wrote:
BoyBurning wrote:
Neil wrote:
BoyBurning wrote:
Because there's an off topic section where people can discuss the weather...?

Um, for somebody mithering about off-topic posts clogging up this thread, you're last 3 or 17 (it's a magic number, alright, just don't question it...) posts to the thread have been off topic.

I'm just saying...

Yes.

That's kind of the point really.

Ah, I see - it's that whole wrong to clutter up the thread with OT posts, but doing it, in a sort of post-modern, Jedi-mind-trick-hand-waving-these-aren't-the-posts-you're-looking-for way?


Yes, if you say so.

I also thought I'd experiment with quoting every post written so that my posts begin to stretch


all



the



way




down






the





page.




*waves hand*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:41 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
BoyBurning wrote:
Yes, if you say so.

Quite.
BoyBurning wrote:
I also thought I'd experiment with quoting every post written so that my posts begin to stretch(snip)

Not any more...

Just one more quote for you, though:-
BoyBurning wrote:
It would be nice if the RBotM thread at least attempted to stay focused on RetroBikes...

Well, OK, 2, I lied:-
"Be the ball, Johnny!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group