Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:31 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
What an amazing selection of nominations this month! :shock:

For me it would have to be the Attitude, Kleins always look as though they are flat out even at a standstill - a real thoroughbred... :)

For sheer class though it would have to be tam_shadows clunker as without bikes like that there would be no retrobike site in the first place - and the drifting shot has to be simply THE best pic anywhere on the web, of all time, it really is picture-prefect... 8)

BITD, in fact BEFORE then, that shot would be a poster on every teenage boys bedroom wall - up there with the tennis girls bum, Joe Cool and a JPS Puch Grand Prix promo ad with a scantily clad bird on board (couldn't afford it so yes, I had a Fizzie instead...) - they were simpler times... :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11214
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
I don't even know where to start :shock: :shock: :shock:

How blessed we are! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
elPedro666 wrote:
I don't even know where to start :shock: :shock: :shock:

How blessed we are! :lol:
Indeed!

There is an excellent collection of bikes in every BOTM competition

I feel that there are 2 classes of bike entered, those very tasty high end bikes which will always have a good chance of winning and the best of the rest.

I have a feeling that my entry is in the second of those classes and doesn't have a very good chance of winning a BOTM comp, but it's all about taking part & showing your best for the BOTM & letting others enjoy your bikes too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:03 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11214
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Andy B wrote:
elPedro666 wrote:
I don't even know where to start :shock: :shock: :shock:

How blessed we are! :lol:
Indeed!

There is an excellent collection of bikes in every BOTM competition

I feel that there are 2 classes of bike entered, those very tasty high end bikes which will always have a good chance of winning and the best of the rest.

I have a feeling that my entry is in the second of those classes and doesn't have a very good chance of winning a BOTM comp, but it's all about taking part & showing your best for the BOTM & letting others enjoy your bikes too.


Definitely feeling love from the forum for the less blingy, more 'homely' bike though, a bit of personal history and familiarity goes a long way :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
elPedro666 wrote:
Andy B wrote:
elPedro666 wrote:
I don't even know where to start :shock: :shock: :shock:

How blessed we are! :lol:
Indeed!

There is an excellent collection of bikes in every BOTM competition

I feel that there are 2 classes of bike entered, those very tasty high end bikes which will always have a good chance of winning and the best of the rest.

I have a feeling that my entry is in the second of those classes and doesn't have a very good chance of winning a BOTM comp, but it's all about taking part & showing your best for the BOTM & letting others enjoy your bikes too.


Definitely feeling love from the forum for the less blingy, more 'homely' bike though, a bit of personal history and familiarity goes a long way :)


Absolutely, and a lot of the top end bikes appear quite often so lose some appeal to me. Saying that, a lot of top bikes at all spectrums of the range in this months. Should be exciting to see what comes out top.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:20 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm
Posts: 884
Location: Ma
its going to be a hard month, glad i didn't enter. I'm going to have trouble deciding between the 10th Anniversary Fat, the Mantis, and the Merlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
Poll up soon, no more nominations please.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
Poll up here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138195


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group