Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We are now taking nominations for the January 2011 Bike of The Month contest. This month is a 'pre-1990' special, that is for bikes manufactured in 1989 or earlier. We'll apply common sense to selecting those bikes which will be put forward to the poll but we'd certainly expect to see frame, fork and the majority of components on any nomination to pre-date 1990.

Rules in the FAQ here.

Don't forget the winner will receive a subscription to MBR magazine and will have their bike in the magazine! So get polishing and get those entries in :cool:

I dont think anybody wants to see another orange/ grey bike beginning with 'O' so, I have to enter the 'Green Bicycle of Quality' just because its bonkers...

Excellent geometry, drum brakes, well finished 531 frame, great 80's colour and a proper bike for UK conditions.

Manufactured somewhere around 1986/7 - ish, MT-60 cranks, levers and thumbshifters, Nitto stem but later DX mechs.

The BotM entry of Tongue in cheek...

short_wheelbase_136.jpg

Nice one... those Sturmey Archer drum brakes are great until water gets in them... my first 'gas pipe special' Ammaco MTB had them.

In all honesty I can't say if my frame is a 89 or 90. But since it is unlikely to win (its a work horse & slicks dont win prizes on BOTM :p), I'll let the voters and or mods decide. I may also be stretching it on the components :oops:

The photos are a little time ago now, but nothing on it has changed.

So into the debate goes my old faithful RC100 roadster

P1000971.jpg

P1000979.jpg

well doubt it will win as it has slicks too :LOL:

Ferraroli California in Columbus OR most probably 87 in XT M730 Guise 7 speed ( Crankset - front and rear mechs - thumbies - Canti and brake levers - pedals)
Grab on grips
Swiss framebuilder
Nice Nitto combo bar

I confess the wheels are M231 on later LX and XT hubs ! :shock:

ferraroli003-1.jpg

my 1989 sarracen tufftrax

better pictures added 14/01/2011

kirbdug :D

Attachments

• DSCF0085.JPG
    DSCF0085.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,637