Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:05 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Indeed.

I will throw my hat into the ring also despite my reservations...

2010 Cotic Soul built for speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:47 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Anyhow thought I'd support the contest and enter my own modern (ish) ride. 2006 Indy Fab Deluxe.

thanks john you support means a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Oh go on then... Reservations about it being a modern build but if it suports the cause 8)

My 2000 Cannondale Raven 2:

Build thread here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126963

Cheers 8)
Alex.

Last edited by Alex Creasey on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:42 pm 
Retro Guru

John wrote:
graham1975 wrote:
Here is my custom build Cube 2009, iv entered it as i dont think it is the run of the mill stuff.

Looks like the sort of bike you'd see on the front page of wiggle. What is not run of the mill on that?

You wont.... because wiggle dont sell cube.
I class run of the mill bikes, yor Giants, specialized, and the other bike manufactureres that sell 3 million bikes a year, to people that have no imagination, its like the passat and mondeos of the rep world i suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Wiggle doesn't but...
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=44303

I like Cube bikes but I would consider them run of the mill, your's is a custom build though so I think it is fair to enter it, let the voters be the judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

John wrote:
graham1975 wrote:
Here is my custom build Cube 2009, iv entered it as i dont think it is the run of the mill stuff.

Looks like the sort of bike you'd see on the front page of wiggle. What is not run of the mill on that?

If your going to post comments like that, at least throw something worth looking at into the mix :roll: .

I would upload something worth looking at, and in accordance with the thread, but as usual many have reverted to ridiculous petty ridicule rather than upload loads of cool bike pics....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:14 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC

Personally I don't mind which bikes are nominated as long as they follow the rules for the BOTM they are nominated for

Yes you could say that Cube are run of the mill as you can buy them from several online shops, but how many of you have seen a Cube in real life? Not that many I would imagine, so in that respect I'd say they are not truly run of the mill, nor a niche bike like a Litespeed or Surly, they're somewhere in between in my opinion.

I could have nominated my '07 Orange 5 for this BOTM, but I didn't chose to as I didn't have any pics I was happy with entering of it. Would the Orange 5 receive the same response as for the Cube, it is readily available and not far off factory spec.

To me it seems that there is a bit of a split in thinking about what 1998 & newer bikes are classed as by different users, some feel that there is a retro element to some of it & a modern element to some of it. Others think of it as it reads, bikes from 1998 & newer without defining retro or modern within it (as I do).

Let the voting public decide what is their BOTM which ever bikes are nominated within the rules for that particular BOTM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm 

CalaisWoodBurner wrote:
John wrote:
graham1975 wrote:

If your going to post comments like that, at least throw something worth looking at into the mix :roll: .

I would upload something worth looking at, and in accordance with the thread, but as usual many have reverted to ridiculous petty ridicule rather than upload loads of cool bike pics....

Suggest you check out the IF deluxe entered by the boss before you fire off a reply to a thread without adding anything useful to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

JeRkY wrote:
CalaisWoodBurner wrote:
John wrote:
graham1975 wrote:

Suggest you check out the IF deluxe entered by the boss before you fire off a reply to a thread without adding anything useful to it.

Quit the brown nosing, not interested in reviews, just looks boring to me !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:48 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

The Cube looks like a hoot if you ask me.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next