Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

December 2010 BoTM - The Poll
sandmangts' 1936 Mercury retro-mod 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
brusque's Kestrel 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
wired99's 1985 Claud Butler Canyon 6%  6%  [ 14 ]
drystonepaul's 1997 GT Bravado 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
kaiser's Fat Chance Wicked 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Stefan9113's Fat Chance Shock-A-Billy 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
mrkawasaki's 1991 Scott Pro Evolution 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Pickle's 1986 Specialized Rockhopper 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Sithlord's Look 5%  5%  [ 13 ]
juice's Marin Muirwoods 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
cchris2lou's 1991 Litespeed 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Ianus' 1994 Klein Attitude 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
wadsy's 2001 Santa Cruz Juliana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
maverick's 1991 alpinestars al-mega dx 8%  8%  [ 19 ]
screne's Scott 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
skolioza's 1992 Scott Boulder 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
02qnkevin123's ProFlex 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
donny70's GT LTS 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
stumpjumper1980's 1991 K2 Comp Ultralight 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Kitmech's Kona Explosif 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Utahdog2003's WTB Phoenix 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Jamis Diablo's 1996 Jamis Dragon 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
mfh126's Boulder Bicycles Intrepid AL 4%  4%  [ 11 ]
rojo's Kona Sex One 17%  17%  [ 43 ]
oneschnark's Grove Innovations X 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Gary Fisher's SBIKE 709 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
MrSpinhappy's TM Design 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
RichieB's 1991 Specialized S-Works Steel 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
trip's Koga Miyata 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
hairstream's Boulder Defiant 5%  5%  [ 13 ]
GearlessinSeattle's Kona Hot 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
claret73's 1994 Rock Lobster Expert 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
toons' Pace RC100 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Crantinope's Pace RC200 13%  13%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 253
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:40 pm 
Retro Guru

Toughest month for ages I'd say. I think the quality of BOTM is really going through the roof now. Shows that the retro/vrc scene has been eating it's greens and is growing strong.

Over Stefan's dream build SOB, rojos' cool as f*ck Kona, cchris2lou's clean Litespeed, both Boulders and Gearlessinseattle's sweet hot, I finally went for maverick's Al-Mega. Just something about it.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:23 am 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

Very interesting month!

I never followed the rojo Kona build thread (just seen it now) but that was a great effort and definitely in the spirit of RetroBike. It's also an honour to see that one of my items is featured on what is sure to be the winning horse :D

My vote actually went to mfh126's Boulder Bicycles Intrepid AL which is absolutely beautiful. Also loving wired99's 1985 Claud Butler Canyon and Sithlord's "super-cool" Look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 am 
Retro Guru

trip's Koga Miyata for me 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:31 pm 
Retro Guru

maverick's 1991 alpinestars al-mega dx made me :) :) and vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:08 pm 
Retro Guru

My finalists... the SAB, Kaiser's Fat and...my Phoenix! :shock:

I voted for myself... somebody had to do it! I mean really...only 3 votes for a Phoenix?!? I must have one ugly ass bike...or at least an ugly ass fireplace! :lol: :D

I'm always amazed at how much attention mass production bikes get in BOTM. I guess if I ever get really serious about winning one of these polls I'll have to build up my Lava Dome after all. :wink:

Pickle has some sweet rigs in his stable, but did he really enter a Rockhopper?!? :shock: :wink: :P

This is going to sound harsh... the Lobster is a clean looking bike, but those Taiwan-sourced Experts were not very nice to ride. Mine was a whippy tank. :cry: There have been quite a few of those things popping up on the web recently and being considered as legit Lobsters and they should not be. Experts were a cut rate solution to broaden the market presence at a time when Bontrager Privateers and such were being brandied about. At least the Butt-Ranger was Waterloo made. :cry: Not one of Sadoff's better ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

utahdog2003 wrote:

I voted for myself... somebody had to do it! I mean really...only 3 votes for a Phoenix?!? I must have one ugly ass bike...or at least an ugly ass fireplace! :lol: :D

I'm always amazed at how much attention mass production bikes get in BOTM. I guess if I ever get really serious about winning one of these polls I'll have to build up my Lava Dome after all. :wink:

Pickle has some sweet rigs in his stable, but did he really enter a Rockhopper?!? :shock: :wink: :P

This is going to sound harsh... the Lobster is a clean looking bike, but those Taiwan-sourced Experts were not very nice to ride. Mine was a whippy tank. :cry: There have been quite a few of those things popping up on the web recently and being considered as legit Lobsters and they should not be. Experts were a cut rate solution to broaden the market presence at a time when Bontrager Privateers and such were being brandied about. At least the Butt-Ranger was Waterloo made. :cry: Not one of Sadoff's better ideas.

Can't disagree with a thing you wrote. Perhaps your Phoenix didn't get more votes because it built up mostly for go, with little to no show. Finding the balance is tricky for BotM...

even if that balance is found, you might get beat by a late Kona anyway :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:04 pm 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Can't disagree with a thing you wrote. Perhaps your Phoenix didn't get more votes because it built up mostly for go, with little to no show. Finding the balance is tricky for BotM...

Can you build up a Phoenix just for show? Won't some semi-transparent pot puffing spectral phantasm cyclist from northern California show up at my door and beat me senseless with a purple Zooka stem if I do that? :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:09 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
utahdog2003 wrote:

13 posts on the one thread thats impressive, thanks for sharing you
knowledge and experience.

Post subject: tough month
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

what a month, rojo"s "sex one", looking well trick...!!!!, Jamis diablos, "DRAGON" looking good with the syncros, hairstreams" boulder defiant" just gives me a hard-on, and while i appreciate his reasons for hanging it up, and not riding it, that just kills me...!!!! Sithlords "look", what a great picture. Toons "pace" just looks special, Cratinopes "pace rc200 CUSTOM"...purely fantastic job.
Clarets "rock lobster" brilliant and looks new,......and for what my opinions worth, in reference to others comments, im pretty glad "paul sadoff" did oversee the development of a his frames from the far east, bitd, if he didnt im pretty confident there would be very few people here in the u.k, that would have ever have heard of the man!!!!!!....then theres mavericks "alpinestars"....i personally know the heartache, the time, the money, and the trouble with the chancellor, the guy has had, over that build, and i know it came out far far better than he expected, a certainly deserves a medal in my book...!!!!!

so what do i choose, and how do i choose, so many good entries, and so nice to see such a wide spectrum of bikes, and for me the amount of mass produced bikes, being entered is a good thing, surely botm was never intended to be a competition on how "rare" something is........?....was it...???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:28 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
utahdog2003 wrote:

the sex one's a 95 :wink:

may i ask , whats your problem ? we get the fact you don't want the kona to be where it is but do you have to drag the arse right of it ? just vote for something else and stop spamming the thread up wi pish :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next