Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:41 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC

Here's another yeti. :D

Pics edited - yeti in the 'wild' :D

Attachments:
RIMG0523.jpg
RIMG0523.jpg [ 229.19 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]
RIMG0517.jpg
RIMG0517.jpg [ 239.76 KiB | Viewed 368 times ]

Last edited by Coleman on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Retro Guru

nevadasmith wrote:

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:09 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC

graham1975 wrote:
nevadasmith wrote:

Would probably look abit nicer if the pictures were taking with a bit less in the background, nit picking i know but just my thought :wink:

You are dead right - going to take it out for a run tomorrow so I'll take a few pics then and maybe swap them out (if that's allowed?!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:52 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

no rule against that Mr Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Lots of nice bikes. And best of all for me they all look like they are actually ridden and not just polished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Tazio wrote:
Lots of nice bikes. And best of all for me they all look like they are actually ridden and not just polished.

Yep, rode my 84 Fat down to visit another Fat collector, from the northeast bronx, down to the westside Manhattan, then down to 59th street, and back to the Northeast Bronx, with a stop to go around the Central Park Bridal path, and the Mexican Food Truck on 86th and Lexington, plus a bike shop stop, where one of the older workers recognized the Fat, which led to some good conversation.

All together about 45 miles, and the streets have plenty of pot holes/cracks/dips/bumps, so it was a bit of a trail experience. It was a good day on my 84 Fat :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:36 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Tazio wrote:

Yep, rode my 84 Fat down to visit another Fat collector, from the northeast bronx, down to the westside Manhattan, then down to 59th street, and back to the Northeast Bronx, with a stop to go around the Central Park Bridal path, and the Mexican Food Truck on 86th and Lexington, plus a bike shop stop, where one of the older workers recognized the Fat, which led to some good conversation.

All together about 45 miles, and the streets have plenty of pot holes/cracks/dips/bumps, so it was a bit of a trail experience. It was a good day on my 84 Fat :D

:shock: :shock:

Not sure I'd fancy cycling in Manhatten, and I cycle in very busy city traffic most days. Though there is a pretty good deli on 59th just east of 5th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC

Tazio wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Tazio wrote:

Not sure I'd fancy cycling in Manhatten, and I cycle in very busy city traffic most days. Though there is a pretty good deli on 59th just east of 5th.

New York is one of my favourite places - I'd have to stop at Raffles Diner on 48th/Lexington for breakfast - awesome eggs/bacon/pancake. A retro bike ride round NYC would be fun :!: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:25 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

nevadasmith wrote:
Tazio wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Tazio wrote:

New York is one of my favourite places - I'd have to stop at Raffles Diner on 48th/Lexington for breakfast - awesome eggs/bacon/pancake. A retro bike ride round NYC would be fun :!: :D

Cycling in Manhattan is great; beat cycling through the South Bronx :lol:

NYC is much friendlier for cyclist now, than it has been in the past 25 years. That said, I did, almost, get hit by a couple school bus drivers (they are worse than the cabbies and city bus drivers).

Yes, there are many great delis and diners in Manhattan, just needed to stop somewhere I wouldn't have to leave my Fat outside- too many thieves.

Great idea! A retro bike ride around the city, and on a couple of Manhattan's bike trails (yes, they have one or two good ones), would be awesome. Any of you guys in Manhattan, drop me a pm; we'll ride 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:58 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC

graham1975 wrote:
nevadasmith wrote:

pics changed - I think they look better. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next