Raleigh Burner BMX

Back2Bikes

Dirt Disciple
This is pretty much original & in good useable condition. Everything works, but it is not mint. A good "regular use classic" or a sound basis for a concours rebuild. The choice is yours if you are interested.

main.php

We are asking £85 for this & can post it to mainland UK & most of the Scottish mainland for £25. As a special discount for Retrobike members It's yours for £100 total, or you can collect it for £80.

If you are ever around Stafford, feel free to drop in & have a play with this or any of our bikes. Let us know you are a "Retrobiker" & we will sort a free coffee or tea.

"Happy Retrocycling", Steve Kean, Back-2-Bikes, Stafford

Sorry about the picture size. Why is every forum so different!!! :twisted:
I'll try & do better next time, but at least you can have a good look at it!

have you checked the date this was posted ?

nearly two years ago :shock: just wanted to give you the heads up in case he had sold it buy now :?

B ;)

Yeah most likely sold but always a chance it isnt!

Could you tell me exactly what model it is? Had one of these as a kid and couldnt ever remember :)

It was last of the Raleigh Burner bmx's

they had the mk 1 burner with the gusset plate with the two holes in it - then they had the mk 2 burner with no gusset plate - then there was the stylers and mag burners and the run out bmx's more mag burners and stylers and also a set of stylers in different colours with names like ivory burners (more to do with the colour than any thing else)
The was the series bmx which you have here in blue - also they did a range of bmx with what was left of the parts bin - ivory burner had dia compe parts in gold and some that just had lesser parts and then some with a mix - to the end they had what ever they had left and just put them on which ever model - they also had a bunch of mk 1 frames left over and they did the renegade with both mk 1 and mk 2 frames - and also i have had a mk 1 blue and mk 1 red with out the gusset (called a Gutless) with a mix of parts

so this one was near the end of the life of what we see as the RALEIGH BURNERS towards the end of '87

some more models came out from Raleigh as bmx - sort after Raleigh Shock and not so Raleigh Extreme to name a few

Although some people don't like the Raleigh Bmx and see it as just a heavy cheap kids bike and not worthy of the bums on the seat - it is what most people know as a bmx and what most of us started on - maybe some people moved on to higher end bmx's but they still love a good Burner :twisted:

cheers B ;)

Haha the crazy thing is, this bike i remember i used to ride around on must have in fact been older than me :LOL: great! Was a handme down from my bro i think!

Back