1999 Sunn BMix - SOLD

nstarmore

Retro Guru
Don't really want to sell this but need to thin the fleet and raise some funds for other projects so wanted to see if it got any interest on here before I go down the eBay route.

Got this in a slightly sorry condition so has been fully recommissioned as street/pumptrack bike, which has involved the following new parts fitted:

- SE Bikes wheelset and freewheel, seen less than 20 miles use, still no brake wear yet.
- SE Bikes Landing Gear fork
- FSA Orbit Headset
- Unbranded alloy chain ring
- KMC gold chain
- Cromo cruiser bars (can't remember what ones off the top of my head but they weren't cheap)
- BBB (correctly sized) seatpost
- Dual compound brake pads
- Inner and outer cables

I've also serviced the bottom bracket with new bearings and fitted some used but good Raw DMR V12 pedals.

The tyres are used Kenda Small Block 8's but still have plenty of tread left and no cracks
The rear brake is an Avid Arch rival with corresponding lever, again in good used condition

Negatives:

- The frame is structurally good but the paintwork is tatty at best, as are the decals.
- Crank Arms are scuffed so could do with being powdercoated to make them fresh (although they are 3 piece so this wouldn't be hard to do)
- Stem is a used on so again could do with a repaint or replacement to look mint
- Doesn't come with a saddle as i'm keeping the Turbo for a different bike

Basically, it's a repaint and saddle away from being mint or could just be ridden as is.

I'm after £225 for it, the fork and wheels alone would fetch more than that but I would be really disappointed if this ended up being broken.

Collection from Newport, South Wales or I can post, but contact me for a quote.

Attachments

• BMix.jpg
    BMix.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,790
Re: 1999 Sunn BMix

My old bike....almost tempted to buy it back, it's a hoot to ride.....

Re:

:D was wondering how long it would take for you to pop up. I know, really don't want to sell it, a bit of me is hoping it gets no interest and I forget to sell it :oops:

Since I sold it I've had to ride #inappropriate_bikes at the pump track and Speedway....

Re:

Hi there - I've got a polished BMix (circa 99/9:cool: I'm building up so I'm not in the market to buy one I'm afraid but I was wondering if you could tell me about the rear hub as I'm struggling to find something suitable.

What width is the hub/rear dropout? (my frame is in storage just now so I can't measure it). How many holes? Is the hub spacing a recognised standard? e.g. BMX. If I know the spec I can hunt for what I need. If I can't find a hub from that era then do you know of any modern equivalents that would work?

thanks in advance.

Re:

that's great, thanks for that. I'll take a look. My local wheel builder rattled a wheel together after taking a brief look at the frame but he's used a track hub and it's just a bit too wide hence sourcing a hub myself.

It wasn't with the bike when I got it. I did have the original fork on the BMIX I owned previously, they were awful....

Back