CW California Freestyle 1984 Rare Old School BMX

up4asmoke

Retro Newbie
Hi there I know this is my first post here and will probably be a waste of time trying. But I would rather try here first than use ebay. I sold a Rickman Freestyler BMX on there for £320 about a year ago, Which was less than what I paid for it. But then to ad insult to injury ebay charged me £70 In seller fees. So I will only use them at as a last resort.

So anyway here we have a used late 1984 CW California Freestyle Frame and forks in Chrome I also have a set of California freestyle bars but unfortunately they are not chrome they are white powder coated new old stock may have been mounted on show bike but never used.

The frame and forks are in good condition. No dings dents or welds it has a few scuffs on the chrome on the outer side of the rear frame stands but hardly noticeable overall chrome is in good condition but not show condition. It has pink decals on it which are unmarked so if pinks your kinda colour you have knocked it off as we all know how hard it can be trying to decal sets for rare bikes.

And yes it is a very rare bike it is the second edition California Freestyler. Its not as rare as the first edition nicknamed the luggage rack. (there is one on ebay right now for £1400) here’s a link check it out!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CW-CALIFORNIA ... 1083wt_962

If I could I soooooo would. And just want to ad I’m very very surprised to see one of them for sale in the U.K. In fact I’m very surprised to see one for sale full stop. That’s the first one ive seen. and I only know of another 2 photos on the internet.

But anyway. This bike is still good! still very hard to find with the high up fork stands and frame stands on the back.
On the third edition the fork stands were lower down and they had no rear frame stands.
I have only ever seen another 2 on ebay uk and I had been waiting for about 8 years and finally got this imported from U.S.A.

Forget your Skyway TA your PK Ripper and Haro Freestyler. This is as rare as they come. But if you are a serious old schooler you will already know this.

Hmmmm I’m starting to talk myself out of this. :cry:

Right then! Down to the nitty gritty

Frame and Forks £450 Posted
Frame Forks and Bars £480 posted
Bars alone £50 posted

P.S. I forgot to take photo of bars I’ll ad them in the morning.

IMG_04681.jpg

IMG_04691.jpg

IMG_04701.jpg

IMG_04711.jpg

IMG_04721.jpg

IMG_04741.jpg

Here are the bars as promised

IMG_05031.jpg

IMG_05041.jpg

IMG_05051.jpg

I know i'm going to regret this. :cry: But it has to be done. Times are hard. No work. So its the car the bike or the dog. :mrgreen: somethin has to go.

If all goes well i may list some other stuff some hard to find items these days. alloy hattia headsets suntour stems and seatpost clamps i also have another complete Rickman Freestyler but i doubt i'll ever part with it ive owend it for 29 years.

Thanks for looking

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi and welcome to Retrobike, I think your opening sentence is a bit harsh ! It's never a waste if time, this is a well used forum, and has hooked many people up with all things two wheeled. You have a nice frame there, not sure on value or rarity of it, I remember hearing of them but back in the 80's however I was more a Mongoose, Haro Freestyler kinda kid ;) I'm sure there is someone out there who is looking for this frame and forks so I dont doubt it will eventually sell. You may be worth putting it on some of the BMX Specific forums like RAD BMX and the many Retro BMX Facebook pages, that will increase your chances to sell and hopefully get back what you want :)

Good luck with the sale :D

Hi jussa thanks for the reply. and the sound advice.

my opening comment wasnt to do with the websit. it was because i'm a new member and that being my first post. i'm not really expecting to many replies.

A nice sweet clean rare bmx there - shame I don't hand the spare money ! Would be cool built up with the right parts !

Anyway it's good to see it being offered for sale on here first !
eBay can be a killer for taking there cut and the same with pay pal !

With a bike like this, it might take a while to find the right buyer and you might have to try a few places

Have you thought about swapping it ? For some thing else you would like ?

Good to see you know your history on the bike - that is a great way for the buyer to know that he is getting a great bike - some people try to sell without knowing a single thing about the item lol

Good luck with the sale - it's a cool ride

Cheers B

Hi bendycat good to see somone who knows what they are looking at, if had the money i wouldnt be selling it but been out of work since mid jan and cant seam to find anything. so it was this or the rickman freestyler, wich would need to be prised from my cold dead hands. i waited a long time to get this and it breaks my heart to sell it but needs must. better get a job soon or its the car next before the rickman lol. but a few month i'll be back on my feet and looking for another. if i had the cash a would have bought the luggage rack version in a heartbeat. love cw. had cw bars on my rickman as a we boy and only discovered about 20 year later that they actually made full frames so i had to have one and it also had to be a freestyle one.

Just a few teasers: This is not for sale

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

all it needs paintjob preferably chromed,

Back