FS Maxy Cross Crankset SOLD

weeman_mtb

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys, I've now decided it's time to sell the cranks that I asked about here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62267&start=75 (ie. I've bought something I shouldn't have and have to sell stuff to pay for it :) )

All threads and tapers are excellent but the surface of the alloy faces is a quite pitted and the ano is a bit faded. The faces may or may not polish out with some care but I'm going to leave any work to their new owners.

I asked for a valuation on these in the thread above and I'm going with the upper price but including postage so £40 posted (paypal gift or add the fees for goods).

Please feel free to ask any questions, if you'd like these cranks please reply in the thread so it's all in the open.

Thanks, Chris.

Attachments

• Maxy Cross 6.JPG
    Maxy Cross 6.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 551
  • Maxy Cross 5.JPG
    Maxy Cross 5.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 551
  • Maxy Cross 4.JPG
    Maxy Cross 4.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 551
  • Maxy Cross 3.JPG
    Maxy Cross 3.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 551
  • Maxy Cross 2.JPG
    Maxy Cross 2.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 551
  • Maxy Cross 1.JPG
    Maxy Cross 1.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 551
If I actually owned anything else BMX related I'd be happy to sell it to this chap ^ :D :D

Thanks B, it's been a pleasure :cool: .

bit of a crafty move there bendy to be honest.

you made out these are less than half their value due to needing "the whole lot sorting out, reannodising, polishing etc", yet now its just a case of you giving it a polish?

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":3ndmizeu said:
Hi there clean and mint one's around £60 - £80+ depending on the buyers needs

the corrosion is the killer here as it will not polish out with out needing the whole lot sorting out - and that means reannodising and then polish/sanding back to the siver

my call would be around £30-£40 but on ebay it might get more but depends on how it was sold on there

cheers B ;)

no way were these £30 cranks, £60+ even with the corrosion, corrosion which easy can be removed to about 90% of its original appearance with about 2mins work.

either youre deliberately low balling people or you dont know what your talking about.

you really need to have a word with yourself as youre getting a bit of a reputation for this sort of thing.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Thing is I didn't see any of you lot above jumping in with a price when I asked for one.

These cranks were for sale at that price to anyone on this forum for a good two hours and twenty minutes before B said he'd have them, it's not like the deal was done behind closed doors.

He also advised that I could have put them on Ebay and made more, but I'd rather a hassle free deal on here.

I'm happy, the buyer's happy, be happy for us :D .

Dogtemple":1l9b5ykz said:
bit of a crafty move there bendy to be honest.

you made out these are less than half their value due to needing "the whole lot sorting out, reanodizing, polishing etc", yet now its just a case of you giving it a polish?

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":1l9b5ykz said:
Hi there clean and mint one's around £60 - £80+ depending on the buyers needs

the corrosion is the killer here as it will not polish out with out needing the whole lot sorting out - and that means re anodising and then polish/sanding back to the silver

my call would be around £30-£40 but on ebay it might get more but depends on how it was sold on there

cheers B ;)

no way were these £30 cranks, £60+ even with the corrosion, corrosion which easy can be removed to about 90% of its original appearance with about 2mins work.

either you're deliberately low balling people or you don't know what your talking about.

you really need to have a word with yourself as you're getting a bit of a reputation for this sort of thing.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Wow you really don't have a clue do you :facepalm:

where shall we start for you
first the prices I say are only what I see - other members are perfectly allowed to have their say
There is work needed on the item - so they are not nos - it would cost to make them original - I'm not going down that route as they will be polished, which will cost my time and effort
Chris could have put them on eBay (to which they could fetch any price)
Chris chose a price himself
The item was up for sale to anybody to buy

so if you think it takes 2 mins to polish something :roll: then I think you need to go read up about it and learn something about it :oops:
The price was not £30 it was £40 :facepalm:
As for crafty move :? all I said was what I felt about them - did you say anything ? did Chris plan to sell them to me all along ? or did he put them up for anybody to buy ! ;)

I think you will read what Chris feels about what you have said and that now makes you look foolish :oops:

You seem to have a problem with me ? this can be aired in a PM if you wish and not running your mouth every time :roll: it seems to stem from when I was doing a deal with another member and you went behind backs to make sure no sale would go through and never said anything about it to anyone ? crafty, dishonest, jealous, I just don't know :?

As for reputation ? I don't see I have one, but for someone to run their mouth and not come forward when the time is right ? well I think you need to have a word with yourself buddy :roll:

Thank you B ;)

If you reckon you can polish them cranks in 2 minutes ive got a load of brake calipers, brake levers couple of frames need doing?
should only take you half hour! :?

Back