1996/7 1 inch S&M Dirtbike complete for sale

Ciaran

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

I've come to the sad realisation that I don't think I will ever use my beloved S&M Dirtbike again.

I had grand designs recently of buying era correct parts and restoring it into the Dirtbike I always wanted it to be, but I can't justify the cash if i'm never gonna use it when re-built.

I would prefer to sell it to someone who still rides BMX and appreciates a classic bike. Someone who would look after it as opposed to someone else who'll let it rust beyond repair.

Spec:

One Inch Headtube, Yellow Frame - all original Thrasher decals.

Chrome 1 Inch Threaded Pitch Forks with decals.

I think they stopped making them in 94/95 (before they went 1/18th), but I'm sure I bought mine in 1996 so it must be one of the last 1 inch frames they made.

It has some nice era correct parts on it too:

A one inch chrome Static Stem. These were made by Custom Riders in the UK - one of the beefiest shafted stems ever made - I always wanted a redneck with wedgie jackson in black or red for it though.

A Silver Haro/Fusion Nuke 44T Sprocket - Very Cool.

Araya Super 7X 48 spoke wheels on Sovos Unsealed hubs

(Unfortunately the rims are a bit flaky)

(I've a spare Super 7X rim with a ding in it too - NOT Rusted - ding would probably be fixed easy enough).

The piece de resistence though has to be the Silver Shimano DX pedals on it!

I know they were rare and expensive to get back when I was riding.

Also - GT FS 2.1inch Tyres, all black, lots of tread - in great nick.

Chrome GT Double bolt Seatclamp.

Odyssey Gedda Grips.

Schwinn Dirt Bars - A bit Rusted (I had them taped with black electrical tape as well as the forks. When I took the tape off recently it took some paint off the bars but the forks are spot on.

Dia-Compe MX-99 lever - AD994 U-Brake.

Also, I have 2 genuine white skyway mag wheels from the eighties - a bit discoloured though - they'd sell with it.

It definitely needs a new chain.

I want to sell the lot for £350 sterling which includes the cost of shipping to the UK.

Don't miss out on your chance to SEVERAL pieces of BMX History!!!

Buy back the bike you wished you never sold!!!

Happy Bidding :D

Images to follow

Latest posts

Back