Porsche Bike-R - what to do...

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought this from a retrobiker a while back - very light, nice and tidy and of course said bloke was a great help.

However, really am not sure what to do with it. I think it probably represents my move into index gears and even brake/shifters.

At present, I have the seatpost only (silver) and nothing else. Not really that interested in restoring it to its original type / style, just want a nice, light, up to date bike with a modern groupset.

Any ideas?

(unlikely to sell it btw).

D

<yes, i did forget the pic...>

Attachments

• sideview_sml.JPG
    sideview_sml.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 3,222
I'm getting a vision of Shimano Ultegra 6500 (or newer) with minimal spoked wheels. A few yellow details but not too much perhaps a black Turbomatic saddle with the yellow bits on it with black and yellow splash tape.....

Tel":1k7nyvx8 said:
I'm getting a vision of Shimano Ultegra 6500 (or newer) with minimal spoked wheels. A few yellow details but not too much perhaps a black Turbomatic saddle with the yellow bits on it with black and yellow splash tape.....

Right, will look for the tape / seat - I think that seems about right.

ultegra looks nice - did wonder about groupset in black - not sure tho.

Will look for wheels as well.

Obviously it's your choice but my thinking was that the Ultegra would really compliment the forks as it is nice and shiny and will contrast well with the black. The all black stealth type look is alright if thats your thing but in a year or so time when that black finish starts rubbing off the look will be spoilt...

As I said just my opinion. I'm sure it will look good with almost anything on it!

Heres a pic I found of an original...

Bit too silver I think... need to tone it down...

Attachments

• porsche-bike-2.jpg
    porsche-bike-2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3,123
Yeah I see what you mean. Perhaps some black rims, seatpost, stem + bars and perhaps chainrings would tone it down or maybe black components with silver stem etc....Ah the joys of choice!

Ah, but since Adolf was around Silver has been the choice of colour for all German race engineering, maybe black's the wrong way entirely?

lorenzo":1kipaj18 said:
Ah, but since Adolf was around Silver has been the choice of colour for all German race engineering, maybe black's the wrong way entirely?

Mebbe I should sand all the paint off it and get a clear-coat ;)

I think silver groupset bits and black wheels or at least rims. Perhaps. :)

re:

ritchey wet black components, sram rival (black and money well spent), some black wheels and you´re set. a Flite would be good to, strip it for that real adolfian look. acctually quite comfy stripped and weighs sub 150grams

Back