Bottecchia

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My mid 80s Bottecchia, unsure of the model.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

I do sure have a weak spot for some Italian rides and the Bottecchia is among them. Pretty much on top of the list. Very stylish.

Thats very similar to mine. The head tube badge and decals on mine are slightly different.
Someone suggested mine was 1986 but I never got a firm answer. I'm afraid I don't know the model either.
Mine has the same chrome. They actually look like they are chromed completly under the paint. I might be wrong but it looks that way where I have chipped mine.
Will post up some pics of mine when the rain stops.
Nice looking bike by the way.

Really tidy.

How did you come upon it without knowing what it is? Fairly serious bit oif kit there.

Found it in a pawn shop back in November. Hadn't ridden road in ages (my old Bianchi had sat in the garage gathering dust), I walked in the door and it was sitting there at the front whispering for me to take it home. I've changed out a few things on it. Put my Arc Carbons on over the rats 'n toe clips, swapped out the 38s for 42s (got wide shoulders), and my old Concor had to go on. The weather's starting to break over here and I've had it out a few times. Typical slightly nervous but oh so fun Italian geometry.

Back