Bob Jackson

SNight

Retro Guru
Just agreed a deal for this bike last night, going to pick it up Sunday. This is my first road bike. Fell for it straight away really, love the colour! Interested to know if it is any good as I don't know to much about road bikes.

Attachments

• Bobjackson1.jpg
    Bobjackson1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,484
  • bobjackson2.jpg
    bobjackson2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,484
  • bobjackson3.jpg
    bobjackson3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,484
  • bobjackson4.jpg
    bobjackson4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,484
Thats good news! I knew Bob Jackson was a good framebuilder, but wasn't to sure about the campagnolo parts, so quite happy with that thanks. Does anybody have any advice on continuing to look after a bike of this age? Anything out of the ordinary that would not be part of general upkeep on a more modern bicycle?

Just ride it, clean and maintain it and try and find & keep a good source for spare parts.

AFAIK, Bob Jackson Cycles is still trading in Leeds, so they may offer best services but failing that, speak to Steve Ephgrave at J D Whiskers for Campag spares. Mention my name, as we used to race together. 01707 324528.

In case you don't know, It's a top quality item that anyone would welcome as part of their fleet.

From what I can see it looks very nice. I am looking forward to seeing pics after you have picked it up.

Thanks Steve. Thats very helpfull. I will log that number down for sure. Gona be a couple of weeks before I can get out and ride it because I had an operation 4 weeks ago, can't wait!

You've got a very nice bike there. If it wasn't to big for me I'd be jealous!

What is the frame number (probably under or on the bottom bracket)? Jacksons ought to be able to tell you the build date etc. from this. They're still going strong in Leeds.

With the 'fastback' seat stays it could be a 'Messina' model?

Back