Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:22 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
jonnyboy666 wrote:
very nice! 8)

brave mixing shimano and campag though!! :lol:


Only Brave if I get telled off on here for doing it! Gears are friction and therefore I am not playing index gears, so they work OK.

I have a problem with having bikes that don't work, so I like to keep them running whilst they are being changed. I need to find a Italian C-Rec BB and a 1st gen chainset and we all know what they go for - so I will wait and find something in time. Same with headset and seatpost and so on....

Don't really like mish-mash bikes too much but then don't want it sitting there in bits waiting to get it all together either.

LBS recently offered to sell me Brake / Gear cables in bulk as I move bits around them often. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Lancs
Whoa!
Is it an Italian made one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
davesp wrote:
Whoa!
Is it an Italian made one?


I believe so, says Italy on the BB from memory, not sure where else they made them tho.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am
Posts: 1303
Location: Lewes, East Sussex
Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)
And this is just beautiful.
You should be proud of yourself :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
wired99 wrote:
Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)
And this is just beautiful.
You should be proud of yourself :)


Thank you very much :)

Weather permitting, it is back out for a few weeks in the sunshine and the summer. Possibly at Bills Cafe soon!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:49 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 629
Location: USA, sigh...
seen this, have you?

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showpost.php?p=835633&postcount=1

absolutely stunning!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:18 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
dookie wrote:


Haven't seen it before, but that is a beauty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
Just bought some rather nice wheels and a new rear mech for this...

Photos soon - but basically C-Rec gen1 rear mech.

C-Rec hubs, SSC rims (blue) and Campag freewheel..

getting there slowly... even got a chainset sorted, just need the BB.

Will update when possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am
Posts: 1303
Location: Lewes, East Sussex
DA-EVO wrote:
wired99 wrote:
Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)
And this is just beautiful.
You should be proud of yourself :)


Thank you very much :)

Weather permitting, it is back out for a few weeks in the sunshine and the summer. Possibly at Bills Cafe soon!


I will keep an eye out for it! Are you in Lewes? If you ever fancy a ride me and a couple of pals do a nice Sunday morning potter round the lanes most weeks...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:28 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 1255
Location: Desk
wired99 wrote:
DA-EVO wrote:
wired99 wrote:
Just seen this, WOW!
I tell you every week I look on this site and just see some of the loveliest bikes I have ever seen. The passion, love, and effort that go into restoring these old classics is just inspiring, it really is. (well it has inspired me to build up four of my own now without knowing what a 'crank' was a couple of years ago!)
And this is just beautiful.
You should be proud of yourself :)


Thank you very much :)

Weather permitting, it is back out for a few weeks in the sunshine and the summer. Possibly at Bills Cafe soon!


I will keep an eye out for it! Are you in Lewes? If you ever fancy a ride me and a couple of pals do a nice Sunday morning potter round the lanes most weeks...


In Brighton, have a little issue getting up to being fit enough, but yeah, sounds good.

Sometimes I go and bother the CTC on a Sunday so would be a good idea, find some lunch as well perhaps :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: foz, jm, rienster and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group