Moser - late 70s, early 80s...

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I picked up this frame last year and time has come to build it up. I bought it as a mid-80s Moser but after a bit of research I think it could be as early as late 70s. No idea on tubing, it takes a 27mm seatpost and feels pretty light. Lugwork looks to be pretty good from what little I know and its Italian threaded BB. Don't think its anything special but it has a certain 'style' to it that makes me feel it will build into a nice bike. Not sure what groupset, maybe Campagnolo Gran Sport? Any ideas? Trying to work out an age really as there are no markings at all that I can see. It's going to be powdercoated next week so will update when it comes back. Anyhows here are some pics... (not great quality, sorry!)

121.jpg

123.jpg

128.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg
[/img]

You can't go wrong with a Moser. So what colour? And I hope you can save that chrome fork crown.

Groupset; I may have an almost complete Campagnolo Triomphe set with MA2 wheels available soon....

same colour I think Tel. I have sourced identical decals so try and keep it the same. Definaately keeping the chrome fork crown, I am a sucker for shiny things. I keep an eye out for that groupset, although I have a set of MA40 rims earmarked for this I think.

wired99":rrs6fiod said:
same colour I think Tel. I have sourced identical decals so try and keep it the same. Definitely keeping the chrome fork crown....

Even better. Restoration for the win!

.....I have a set of MA40 rims earmarked for this I think.

I've got some Campag 8 speed Cassette hubs in good nick for £35 posted ;)

Back