Quintana Roo - 650C

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This bike is the latest to the household, I stopped counting at 11 bikes...

This time the excuse was that my Son wanted a track bike as he has had a few days training and really enjoyed it. Oddly enough, turned into a road bike but whatever... Trackbike next time perhaps.

The bike frame, wheels and a few components came from here, had some spare bits kicking around, inc Ultegra pedals from my youth.

Also attended a bike jumble the other week and found the rather hard to spot metal toeclips, a few gear bits and so on, and eventually after some messing with handlebars and so on, we have a finished bike!

Lets hope he doesn't land it on its side too many times...

Spec as follows:

Frame: Quintana Roo - tubing not known

Fork: Quintana Roo ""

Headset: Richey
Stem: Kalloy 60mm
Handlebar: ITM
Bar Tape: Massi

Brake Levers/Brifters: Ultegra SLR
Brake Calipers: Ultegra SLR

Shifters: Ultegra
Front Derailleur: Ultegra
Rear Derailleur: Ultegra
Cassette: Shimano 7 speed freewheel
Cranks: Ultegra
Chainrings: 52 / 42
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Ultegra with metal clips, Christophe straps

Rims: Mavic GL330
Hubs: Miche
Spokes: SS/DB
Tubs: Continental Podium 650c 19mm

Saddle: Selle
Seatpost: Kalloy

Bottle Cage: Elite
Extras: Bag

Weight: erm

Will add a few pictures when its outside - only just finished putting it together.

Attachments

• IMG_0982_sml.JPG
    IMG_0982_sml.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,294
Nice, sorry I dident have the case at the time this was for sale. but glad it went to a good home, if you want to sell it let me know.

TheGreenRabbit":8n6l2e6p said:
Nice, sorry I dident have the case at the time this was for sale. but glad it went to a good home, if you want to sell it let me know.

Cheers, Will let you know when he grows out of it :) (he's 9 BTW).

Attachments

• IMG_0988_sml.JPG
    IMG_0988_sml.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IMG_0991_sml.JPG
    IMG_0991_sml.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,261
Ah so thats where it is now. I sold it last year as a frame with bits to a chap who met me in Monmouth. Was that you?
QR told me that is was a good quality cro-mo but couldn't say exactly what but possibly Tange.
Looking good now.

mattsccm":2aor6chi said:
Ah so thats where it is now. I sold it last year as a frame with bits to a chap who met me in Monmouth. Was that you?
QR told me that is was a good quality cro-mo but couldn't say exactly what but possibly Tange.
Looking good now.

Hi, no, wasn't me, sounds like the guy I bought it from. He had built it up mostly and then sold it on. The Cranks on it are 170 at the mo, a bit long as you say, but needs must at the moment to get the thing running. Finding some 165's would be good, not sure if I could find some Ultegra ones tho.

This was the previous thread on this bike:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67563

So its stayed within the Forum and my Son is really enjoying it. We went to a bike Jumble and found most of the groupset - rear clearance on the brake is amazing! must be about 1.5 mm even with 19mm tubs.

Anyway, glad you like it, took some work and pleased with the result. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1020_sml.JPG
    IMG_1020_sml.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,225

Looking good Dave, does nipper like it?
Its strange, the way you have it set up it looks like a fairly big road bike until you realise its got 650c wheels and your brain has to scale it all down.
Nice job ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1qz9ar4w said:
Looking good Dave, does nipper like it?
Its strange, the way you have it set up it looks like a fairly big road bike until you realise its got 650c wheels and your brain has to scale it all down.
Nice job ;)

Thanks, yeah its a pretty small bike, and he loves it. At present the tubs are something I need to get as spares because obviously its game-over if one of them goes pop. Might find him some more wheels with tyres but the clearance at the back is so small that that will be interesting!

I will post up something showing it in comparison with one of the other bikes so you can see the size difference. And cheers! thanks for your help getting it here.

D

Yeah the clearance on the rear is really tight, I thought I had a 650 front and a 700 rear for a while. Originally it would have been a TT frame and I think the clearances are generally tighter on those.

Back