Neon Dawes 531 custom - sunglasses on please!

Those 28c tyres look like quite a squeeze in there! What on earth were they on in the 80's? Bikes came out the factory looking like that :shock: Although I have fond memories of my Fluoro pink and yellow 653 Gillott...

Still it sounds very appropriate for your friend and am sure it will be the topic of many a conversation. I'd say given the brief you've done an excellent job ;)

Tel":4kv6xo9z said:
Those 28c tyres look like quite a squeeze in there! What on earth were they on in the 80's? Bikes came out the factory looking like that :shock: Although I have fond memories of my Fluoro pink and yellow 653 Gillott...

Still it sounds very appropriate for your friend and am sure it will be the topic of many a conversation. I'd say given the brief you've done an excellent job ;)

Cheers Tel, FWIW it's brighter in the flesh and I love it, but then I was 14 in '88 so I would...

*potters off to find Ocean Pacific t-shirt*

When I took the forks off I noticed some notes on the steerer in marker pen re the four flouro colour, so I'm pretty certain it's a one-off custom paint job :cool:

Re: clearance, yes it's fairly tight - but 3.5mm on the chainstays is enough int'it? :LOL: still waiting for bits, will post up completed pics asap

Hey, I like it!
Would certainly cause a few raised eyebrows on the quiet and conservative East Sussex lanes.. :cool:

Nearly finished... just awaiting Brooks saddle and Charge handlebar tape!

22151_346980781170_586536170_5323336_3094903_n.jpg

I love that, well done, great build. I am a fan of this era of Dawes :cool:

I'm searching for this baby to match my MTB

'93
untitled_603.jpg

Easy_Rider":3s94wvpe said:
I love that, well done, great build. I am a fan of this era of Dawes :cool:

I'm searching for this baby to match my MTB

'93
untitled_603.jpg

yum! cheers, going to get some better pictures taken when it's not such bad light... though the frame almost glows in the dark, it looks much better in the earlier pics

Back