Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bianchi SL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 240
I got this off someone who got ripped off on ebay. The twonk selling it "forgot" to mention it had been pranged. Anyhoo , new forks , rims and various other bits have brought it back to life. This was my dream bike as a pimply 3rd Cat.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:07 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm
Posts: 8221
Location: New Forest, UK
Mmm, beautifully understated. The creamy brown colour of the brake hoods and tyres really sets off the Celeste paint.

How comfortable are the sew-on leather bar grips? I've envied them for a while...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
Very, very nice - it's strange that celeste looks really cool on a Bianchi but somehow a bit 'off' on any other bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5132
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
ededwards wrote:
Very, very nice - it's strange that celeste looks really cool on a Bianchi but somehow a bit 'off' on any other bike.


Lovely machine which I would be proud to own - but Ed, what are you saying about my Favori!!!! :wink:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I've now got a pair of matching tyres.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
Old Ned wrote:
Lovely machine which I would be proud to own - but Ed, what are you saying about my Favori!!!! :wink:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=


The Favori is sweet as and thankfully I even said so at the time!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:47 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5132
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
ededwards wrote:
Old Ned wrote:
Lovely machine which I would be proud to own - but Ed, what are you saying about my Favori!!!! :wink:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=


The Favori is sweet as and thankfully I even said so at the time!


I'll forgive you! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: avartist, stevevw and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group