A couple of old Raleighs in New Zealand

McJim

Retro Newbie
G'day. I went out for a ride this morning with a group of local riders in Invercargill. Of course everyone and their dog had 10 sprockets and carbon fibre forks. Many even had carbon fibre frames. I was happy in the knowledge that I had, without a doubt, the heaviest bike there (not to mention the biggest beer gut!). Made it to the coffee shop at the end (had to ride the last 10 miles on my own coz I got dropped) and was met with many admiring comments about my choice of 'old school' bike.

Bought the frame in 1988 when I got my first job. It was my first proper race geometry frame. Currently it has:

Campagnolo Chorus: chainset, front mech, rear mech & hubs
Campagnolo Athena: Headset, bottom bracket, seat post, brake calipers
Campagnolo Record: 8 speed Ergo levers
Mavic SUP CD rims
Look PP176 pedals
3ttt stem
ITM bars
Flite Titanium saddle

My old hack bike is a Raleigh Dynatech 405Ti on which I added Campag brake levers and Cinelli bars & Stem.

Not the most illustrious machines on here - but I enjoy 'em.

Attachments

• Raleigh 531.jpg
    Raleigh 531.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,622
  • 405Ti in the sunlight.jpg
    405Ti in the sunlight.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,622
Welcome.

Quite a few antipodeans on here - many from your side of the Tasman. So I expect you'll not be left alone on here!

I'll need to get my A into G and post up a pic of my mountain bike too. Pace hubs, Suntour XC pro chainset, Answer Hyper Bars and Hyper Ends and Rock Shox Indy forks. Had to throw the old frame away though - put a Muddy fox alloy frame on it instead.

Back