Greg Lemond Columbus Cromor in Team Z Coal Black Colourway

Lemond Fan

rBotM Winner
Heres my first creation. I bought this originally from new from JE James back in 1993 when JE James bought up the bankrupt stock from Carnac in France when Lemond cycles in its first incarnation went bankrupt. Originally built up in basic kit Shimano 105 STi with Mavic Open 4 CD rims, 2 years ago I decided to rebuild the bike in a high spec as originally I wanted to build it in Camapagnolo but could not afford it as a 16 year old. I know its not all retro parts, but I have tried to keep the retro design & theme with the Cinelli bars & Stem, Campagnolo rims and Cateye Cordless computer as used by Gianni Bugno (prefered an Avocet but it only lasted 6 months back in the day, the Cateye still works perfect to this day!).

With the modern components I wanted the retro look so went for the Alloy chainset, and non Skelton brakes. I know retro pimp is not to everyones taste but I like my modern materials and think they compliement the black frame. Not a mark on the frame as spent the majority of its life in the warmth of a house and its only ridden in the dry.

Frame: Greg Lemond Columbus Cromor in Team Z Coal Black Colourway

Fork: As Above

Headset: Campagnolo Gran Sport
Stem: Cinelli 105 mm XA
Handlebar: Cinelli 66 -42
Bar Tape: Cinelli Splash Yellow / Black

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Record Titanium
Brake Pads: As Above
Brake Cables: Campagnolo

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon 2006
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon 2006
Derailleur Cables: Campagnolo
Cassette: Campagnolo Record 10 2006
Chain: Campagnolo Record 10
Cranks: Campagnolo Record 10 Alloy 2006
Chainrings:
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Record Carbon 2006 Italian Thread
Pedals: Look Keo Carbon

Rims: Campagnolo Omega 20 T6
Hubs: Campagnolo Record
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo Record
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tyres: Continental Grand Prix
Tubes: Continental

Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Carbon - No padding !!
Seatpost: Campagnolo Record Carbon 2006
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: ?
Extras: Cateye Cordless CC-CL100 1st Generaton

Attachments

• DVC05366.JPG
    DVC05366.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 4,111
  • DVC05380.JPG
    DVC05380.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 4,112
  • DVC05372.JPG
    DVC05372.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 4,111
  • DVC05373.JPG
    DVC05373.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 4,111
And heres a few more photos

Attachments

• DVC05367.JPG
    DVC05367.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 4,107
  • DVC05376.JPG
    DVC05376.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,107
  • DVC05377.JPG
    DVC05377.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 4,107
  • DVC05381.JPG
    DVC05381.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,107
Beautiful

I have a red Lemond (SLX tubing i think- model unkown) that i picked up a while back. Would love to get a decal set like your to complete it :)

I think these were made by Bilato in that era?

Andy

Thanks for the nice replies

Fatfixie I have attached a scan of the 1992 Lemond brochure, think this will be your colour as models were done in Pearl White, Red, Black Z, Multicolor Z in all frame material choices with the exception of the Craig Calfee Carbon which was Carbon Weave Black Z only

Attachments

• DVC05395.JPG
    DVC05395.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,064
Ta for that :)

Might call on you in the future for some close up decal pics so i can ask gil_m nicely to do some :)

Andy

Looks very nice. You can generally 'get away' with newer campag on an older frame imho.

Quite a lot of post showing there, is that how you like to size them up?

Hi John

Thanks for the comment on the aviator by the way on another post, had to be this as it is my favourite jersey out of my collection

Yes I suppose for some reason I prefer a smaller frame and find it handles a lot better, your right on the post, it is on the limit line, which is why if I want for an older Campagnolo groupset I would need a bigger frame as the seatpost length is ot long enough. Think the SLR saddle also adds to the problem as it is very slim as it is just a piece of carbon fibre (still comfy though), maybe something like a Regal would lower the height and be more in keeping.

Back