My old skool racing bikes (Vitus 979, Wester Ross & Bana

Silver Fox Baz

Dirt Disciple
I have always had a fetish for old skool 80's Racing bike. Raleigh Banana, Record Sprint, Vitus 979, Bob Jackson, Peugeot and Wester Ross.

Will dig out the other pics an get them scanned. Had 5 Banana's at one point. Weight of the Vitus weldless frame was something else. Favourite is the Wester Ross, due to its rarity.

Bikes001-1.jpg

Bikes012.jpg

Westerside2.jpg

:cool:

Do you have any of the decent bannanas? That one looks like a hi-ten one.

Plans for the vitus?

And what is the story with wester ross?

John":13ngtua0 said:
:cool:

Do you have any of the decent bannanas? That one looks like a hi-ten one.

Plans for the vitus?

And what is the story with wester ross?

Sadly I sold them all this year due to lack of room and a nagging misses : (

What is a hi-ten ??

Vitus I was going to do up as a fixer

Wester Ross was found at a local bike shop after a elderly club member could not cope with the hard ride anymore. Had just been restored by Bob Jackson in Leeds, although I believe the 'Wester Ross' decals are incorrect (More info @ Bikebrothers if you search on google)

Did they ever make a Reynolds 531 Raleigh Banana ??

Hi Ten is High Tensile which is low quality, gas pipe quality bikes. Makes for a lifeless heavy bike although quite useable and enjoyable. Yours has a nice handlebar stem :)

Banana's did come in 531 yes, rather rare though I've only seen one in recent years and that was frame only without decals. If memory serves me right standard equipment was Shimano 105. Paintwork wise they're quite easy to spot over the Hi-Ten version as the black on the seat stay stops before the top continuing the line from the down and seat tubes and there is no black on the top tube plus all the other give away signs...

Back