Vintage Schor road bike/Pinarello project.

unicanitor

Devout Dirtbag
Hello,

My name's Thomas, a guy at the Bristol bike jumble pointed me in the direction of this forum and said i should put some pictures of my bike up for anyone that's interested. It's a Swiss built Schor who i believe were a Swiss bicycle shop that had frames built for them and badged with their shop name, tubing is Columbus and the bike weighs 8.5kg. It's from 1978 and is fitted with a Shimano Dura Ace EX groupset in black silver from the same year but oddly has lightened Campagnolo shifters, 3TTT seat post and stem Concor saddle and Fiamme red sticker rims.

I'm also part way through building another bike which is a Pinarello Asolo from 1989 with Columbus Chromor. The frame is NOS and i've managed to find some NOS Campagnolo Record parts for the build, so far - Delta brakes, chainset and aero seatpost. I don't think it will be finished anytime soon due to the cost of parts and lack of money but i'm having a lot of enjoyment looking for the parts nonetheless. I have a saddle for it aswell which is a Turbo 'Junior' model, which is slightly smaller than a standard Turbo model.

schor3.jpg

schor4.jpg

schor14.jpg

schor16.jpg

schor8.jpg

schor10.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

Deltarear.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

That Schor is a very nice bike. I am fan of the build with DA EX in black ano. I got a black ano 1st generation Dura-Ace groupset on a Champion Mondial while ago: For example the brakes do look different, there is a Crane mech fitted and so on. I never realized there also excisted a DA EX black edition. Very neat.

Back