1990 Specialized Allez Epic

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had it up once before but cant seem to find my original post, and plenty has changed since then anyway. Now there's a mixture of modern and retro components on it due to a newbie mistake when I let a friend ride (and crash) on my beautiful bike.

At present its got
cranks: Dura Ace 7400
FD: Shimano 600
RD: campy centaur
cassette: American Classic shimano body to campy spacing 11-25 10 speed
shifters: Campy ultra record carbon 10 speed
brakes: Campy centaur
stem/bar: Specialized Barmac
seatpost: Specialized carbon aero
headset: Shimano 600
fork: kestrel EMS composit
wheelset: Specialized Trispokes
H2o: Colnago carbon
bottle: custom p41 sharks teeth coffee cup

Attachments

• allez side.JPG
    allez side.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 5,404
  • allez cockpit.JPG
    allez cockpit.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 5,404
  • allez full.JPG
    allez full.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 5,405
Very nice indeed. Had one of those frames with full Shimano 600 Ultegra in the early '90s before it got stolen.

Stunning bike, I remember BITD, I had a choice of this or a Team Stumpjumper... I went for the stumpjumper , but it never stopped me wanting one :) ... Lovely lovely bike.. :)

I would go full dura ace on this though.. ;) and loose the carbon spacers and ahead stem and go to either a Ti quill stem or go full ahead.. :) spacers dont look aesthetically right sat on top of that headset.. :)

Hey man - Please share your experiences with this frame. I am conducting some safety research to see if the surviving frames from the early '90s are AOK or if some people are still experiencing separation at the lugs. It will be important for all us Epic owners. Pls help by completing the short survey - join the fb group 'Vintage Specialized Allez Epic Road Bikes'.

thanks

Ed

Back