After riding mountain bikes for 17 years, I bought me a retro road bike frameset! It's a 1996 Klein Quantum Pro in Burgundy Blue Linear paintjob, size 55.
So the project is still going on. It will be built with Campagnolo Record 10-spd components. I have the most parts although I haven't installed them yet.
It's going to have
- Record Titanium derailleurs & brakes (skeleton)
- Record Titanium/Steel 11-25 10-spd cassette
- Record Carbon cranks
- Record Carbon BB-System shift/brake levers
- Tune Mig/Mag hubs, Sapim X-Ray spokes, Mavic Open Pro rims
- Easton EC90 bar
- Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
- Selle Italia SLC seat (also have Flite Carbon for more retro look)
I'm still missing:
- chain (KMC X10 SL)
- bar tape (Easton cork perhaps?)
- skewers (Tune DC)
- pedals (Look Keo2)
- tyres (was supposed to be Schwalbe Ultremo R but they've got quality issues)
- tubes (something light)
1992 Fat Chance Yo Eddy!
1993 Klein Adroit Team Storm