My Peugeot

GarethPJ

Retro Guru
I promised to post pics ages back, well here they are:

yzk92f.jpg

yzk925.jpg

It's an Aneto in 501, I can't find any mention of the model in old catalogues but it seems to be the same spec as the PH501 Ventoux. Luckilly to group is natural aluminum alloy coloured rather than the white on the Ventoux (same group though) and the fork is white rather than the chrome found on the Ventoux. That's fine by me as I don't like chrome forks.

I got it for £40, which is an absolute bargain compared to some of the HLE and Carbolite bikes you see on ebay. It's in startlingly good condition, the original tyres still had plenty of tread but were perished so I've thrown on a pair of Vittorio Rubino slicks I had lying around. Judging by the tread on the tyres I'd say it hasn't done more than a couple of hundred miles. The front wheel is not original since, in it's short career, it's original owner managed to hit a pothole hard enough to wreck the rim. The replacement is a pretty close match for the rear with a similar, but not identical black rim. Unfortunately the black anodising has worn off the front rim much more quickly than the rear.

It could do with new bar tape and the brake cable outers are shot. Other than that the only thing I'm going to change is the seat which is a bit bulky for my liking. It will probably be replaced with a Charge Spoon in white, not period I know but I think there are incredibly comfortable seats. I've never ridden better and they only cost £25.

It rides really well and it's definitely a keeper. The only problem is I'm now eyeing up upgrades on th'ebay.[/img]

makhno68":34za3j7g said:
is the old saddle a turbo? because i am looking for a white one for a project.

Too bad he just posted and didn't answer. This is a great bike. So many on here are retro but not really that old. This Peugeot is definitely after my own heart. Good show!

Latest posts

Back