Dyna-Tech 755Ti

RichT

Retro Guru
I bought this bike new back in 1994, on the strength of a review in 'Performance Cyclist' magazine (with Stephen Roche on the cover, in Carrera colours)

It had a few alterations before it left the shop

The Ultegra chainset was exchanged for a Campagnolo Chorus (53/39, & 172.5mm), as it looked far better, with the 'low-profile' cranks)

The stem & seat-pin were replaced with Ritchey items (12cm stem)

The saddle with a Sell-Italia 'Flite', the pedals were Look PP196 in matchin grey/blue (sad isn't it??)

But, the real alteration that marked it out as a mid-90's bike...... Scott 'Drop-Ins' :D

I think, with all the alterations, it cost me in the region of £1100!!
A not insignificant amount for a Raleigh at the time.

I still use it on an almost daily basis as my 'work-bike'/trainer, & bar the (non-existant) mudguard clearance, it's worked perfectly for all those years.

Click on pics to open/enlarge

With Salmon mud-guards, LED lights & SPDs

The Drop-Ins are still hanging in a corner of the garage

Dyna-Tech

Suddenly, there's no shame in owning a Raleigh!! Hoorah :shock:
Just a shame this didn't happen at the time we made em'
:cry:

I'm seriously considering selling it, as I've got my eye on an Aeron I've been offered, at a good price, as a 'winter-bike'.

That's because I'm getting 'cheesed off' with the appalling clearances from the Salmon 'Profil' mudguards (& the constant rattling of them) - even with '20' tyres - that's all that will fit under them!

However, as the Aeron has a compact chainset, I'd be removing the Campagnolo off the Dyna-Tech, other than that it'd be (probably) complete

Rich, as a Racing bike, it was not designed with clearances to accept mudguards, that's why you didn't find any mudguard eyes on either the frame or forks.

But then that's why the clearances are appalling isn't it.

;)

bikemeister2000":x4nvj6ho said:
Rich, as a Racing bike, it was not designed with clearances to accept mudguards, that's why you didn't find any mudguard eyes on either the frame or forks.

But then that's why the clearances are appalling isn't it.

I know ;)

Just getting fed up of it, & I don't want to take the guards off, & receive the matching front/rear 'road-spray' stripes (sooner get another bike that's 'sorted')

I did try road-racing on it back in the mid-late 90's & it wasn't much good at that.
Or was that just me who was cr@p at it???

I was always far, far, better at Cyclo-Cross than road-racing - & I still am!! :D

Back