Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:43 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 am 
Retro Guru

:roll: :roll:

Post subject: rodie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 pm 
Retro Guru

tabasco wrote:
sorry, but this is a mixture of components that do not fit together. syncros cranx with carbon hubs, silver cockpit with black rims, campy skeleton brakes with brodie-frame. sorry dude - it´s a crappy built-up

why don't you build up a rodie and show us all how you would do the build??
inigo can put anything on this bike and tards are still going to be jealous and have something negative to say. it probably rides better than it looks.....like most bikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:35 pm 
Old School Hero

As much as I believe that everyone should be able to express an opinion, can they at least be constructive or helpful?
Why do forums seem to attract this? (Tabascos post)

Bike looks great to me btw.

Post subject: That thing Tabasco said
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am 
Retro Guru

I've just received a gorgeous Kona Kapu from Denmark and so I was very interested in this Brodie build: we've both bought steel Canadian road bikes, and I've never owned a single Campagnolo component before either. Brodie might not be a name I'm attracted to I can't help but feel jealous at how well it has turned out. I wish I could have Chorus rather than Centaur, and I've always wanted a set of Revolutions...

...so I was well surprised to read that someone thought the build is crap! The running gear isn't period correct, but so what? - when a bike is built to be a rider isn't it better to have functional kit? I'm getting skeleton brakes too (for a '95 bike!) and I think the Brodie looks fantastic.

How are you getting on with those Campy levers? I have only ever ridden Shimano. I'm looking forward to a change though, and the carbon blades look ace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:34 am 
Retro Guru

I absolutely love the cranks, when I was watching the deevelopment of them I really wasn't so sure with your choice of painting the arms red. But when they were all put back together decals and all they look superb.

As for the 'crappy build' comment, you think so? I personally don't reckon it all ties in nicely and is very aesthetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:46 am 
Retro Guru

LeeDevelopment wrote:
As for the 'crappy build' comment, you think so? I personally don't reckon it all ties in nicely and is very aesthetic.

I concur. The build is a mix of old-and-new but I'd say it is sympathetic and totally in keeping with the bike. I wish I had a set of Revolutions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:17 pm 
Retro Guru

i-am-iron-man wrote:
How are you getting on with those Campy levers? I have only ever ridden Shimano. I'm looking forward to a change though, and the carbon blades look ace.

hmmm... shifting/breaking feels nice but i have nothing to compare it to. as stated its my first road bike :oops: ergo bars feel a bit uncomfi though. and 1cm less stem is something to consider :lol:
first longer ride last sunday was an outstanding experience! love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:53 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice looking bike 8) Don't normally like 'retro roadie' stuff, prefer my road bikes modern.... but this could well change my opinion (in the looks department anyway) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:23 pm 
Old School Hero

Inigo Montoya wrote:

that looks superb. well done sir.

Post subject: rodie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:01 am 
Retro Guru

after looking closer at the pics, i am going to say that this has to be a 95. the dropouts the seat cluster are from 95, the last year brodie made them before the sell out. the geometry is like most brodies and has a sloping top tube. it isn't very traditional, that's for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next