1994 Klein Quantum Pro Build

HastobeKona

Old School Hero
I acquired this frame set in, I believe, Forest Green. I'm looking to build it up as an 11 speed.
The options are to put a modern square taper crank on it, or remove the BB and go just go shimano ultegra/dura ace. The only current production square taper crank I can find on the market is the FSA Vero Pro.
It would be great to put rolf vectors on it but I don't know if I'll get an 11 speed cassette on the wheel?
I would also love to find an M2 stem for it, perhaps there is someone on here with a spare??

It has a "Guiltless Gourmet" decal on it, which I discovered was a local US pro race team, so I believe this was a spare that was never ridden, or very little. There's no discernable evidence of use.

Anyway, if anyone out there is interested. I could use some help and suggestions regarding the build. Or to be sold various items remaining. Crank, seatpost, front derailleur, stem, bars and shifters, wheels.

Thanks for reading.
Russ

Attachments

• quantum15.jpg
    quantum15.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • quantum25.jpg
    quantum25.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,455
  • quantum35.jpg
    quantum35.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,454
  • quantum45.jpg
    quantum45.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,455
Re:

Russ, well, I am afraid I'm unable to help with sourcing components but I have to say that is a very handsome looking bike. Thanks for posting here. And those Chickens Frames are something else!

But then I would say that.

Re:

Thanks for the kind words. This is the Fat Chicken. Custom built, fully braised Reynolds steel.

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,434
  • chicken3.jpg
    chicken3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,434
Hi, I have the correct Riise Racking press fitt bb for your Klin so you could make it run modern Shimano (24mm axel) cranks. PM me if its of interest

Re:

Apologies I just saw this message from months ago. I am now actually resuming this build and I need a BB. So yes I'm interested.
Russ

Re: Re:

HastobeKona":3gv62pnw said:
Apologies I just saw this message from months ago. I am now actually resuming this build and I need a BB. So yes I'm interested.
Russ

sorry, sold it off some time ago

So what are the plans for the built?
In the middle of building my own first road bike.

Have built a few MTB's but now i have accomplished the N+1 excuse i have bought a Yellow Pearl Quantum Pro. Still looking for a older one but thought was, if this size is good i know what to look for.

Re:

I've gathered most of the bits together:
I managed to buy an MC2 stem and cap
fsa bar
Thompson elite seat post
ultegra shifters, crank, brakes, derailleurs,
black jagwire cables

basically green frame with all black components

The last piece missing is the wheels. I really would like rolf vector pro wheels but I don't think I can reliably fit an 11 speed free hub to the rear. So I may just go with either some Mavic or a set of cheap Chinese carbon wheels. However, for the streets of Chicago I think carbon is not the best direction to go in.

Then Im going to fit the biggest tyres that will fit in the frame.

Re:

Sounds like a plan. :cool:

I have bought a set of FCC 4.7 Spinergy wheels for my QP.
Not the lightest set in te world, but
a) in combination with BSO spokes it should make the ride somewhat more comfy.
B) not the widest rim as most others have gone moders with big rim widths
C) just my own idea that many years ago, klein qp with spinergy Rev X was my dream. Now i make a built with a modern twist to this.

:facepalm: to much info i see

Re:

spinergys are definitely a cool look. I like them too. I dnt think theyre practical for my commuter riding and general training.

Separately, I bought a bb tool so I could remove Klein BB ad replace with a press fit external cup and fit the shimano hollowtech.

Back