PDM TVT 1990 season

cloonaghpat

Retro Guru
Hi all,

Just sharing with you my latest build, it it a TVT92 (single headset) that I plan to respray in the 1990 PDM colours. The earliest photos I have seen of these bikes is from the 1990 Tour of Switzerland which Sean Kelly won. They were used in the 1990 Tour in the mountain stages by Raul Alcala, and Sean Kelly and into the autumn Sean Kelly rode one at the Wincanton classic in the UK and at the San Sebastian in Spain. Erik Bruikink also rode one in the final stage of the 1990 Nissan classic.
They can be distinguished from the regular steel bikes by their black carbon forks and lack of chrome. The dropouts were left bare metal, however the seat cluster was painted black and columbus steel tubing stickers were also applied to the seat tube and forks - I'm guessing for sponsership reasons. I have most of the parts, just waiting on c-record toeclips - that said I think they should be the track pedals not the road from looking at two of Sean Kellys bikes. I will upload photos of the bikes and riders in action and the build as I am going along. Hope you like it - any comments, suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• PDMTVT1.jpeg
    PDMTVT1.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,063
I am not sure what water bottles were used, sometimes TA bottles are seen on the bikes, these are American Classic

Attachments

• PDMTVT2.jpeg
    PDMTVT2.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,053
Cinelli Criterium handlebars - I might swap these out for 44cm bars (they are 42cm)
44cm bars single grove would be closer to Sean Kelly's bike spec

Attachments

• PDMTVT3.jpeg
    PDMTVT3.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,053
campagnolo adjustable band on deraileur for TVT frames as they are slightly wider diameter than the standard steel tubes.

Attachments

• PDMTVT5.jpeg
    PDMTVT5.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,052
1993 campagnolo rear deraileur normally used with ergos but should be fine with these 8 speed downtube shifters, As I said, the drivetrain is 8 speed with the curved downtube shifters - they are the easiest to set up for me!

Attachments

• PDMTVT10.jpeg
    PDMTVT10.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,051
The chainring is also record from 1993
I think the front deraileur is chorus

Attachments

• PDMTVT11.jpeg
    PDMTVT11.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 2,052
I took some photos of one of Sean Kelly's bikes from the the 1990/91 season at the Old Velos cycle a couple of years ago in Kilarney in Ireland. The pedals are interesting, I have C record road pedals on order from ebay, however these look like c record track pedals on Sean'S bike - also the cable routing is external on the Concorde Squadra team bikes

Attachments

• PDMTVT16.jpg
    PDMTVT16.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,052
Sean Kelly recently put on display one of his own Squadras. It too has track pedals.
I just love this colour scheme. I will have to get some of the graphics printed. Gil on here did the bands previously for me for another build and they worked out great.

Attachments

• PDMTVT15.jpeg
    PDMTVT15.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,048
Back