Twin Tube Claud Butler Built Saxon

Kelvin16

Retro Newbie
Hi There,
I have inhereted my late Father-in-Law's road bike. I am told it's a 1953 Claud Butler built Twin Tube Saxon. Frame number is H 553 1425. It was hand-built for him in Cardiff and I know he had it done up in the 1980's. It has the original Brooks saddle and I believe original Weinmann brakes and Shimano 5-speed gears. The mudguards are newer.I inend to sell it as I need the money and only an occasional cyclist so could not do it justice. What should I be asking for it please?

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 2,514
  • FBrake.jpg
    FBrake.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,514
  • Gears.jpg
    Gears.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2,508
  • Twin tube.jpg
    Twin tube.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 2,509
  • Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,508
  • Saddle.jpg
    Saddle.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 2,507
  • BBrake.jpg
    BBrake.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 2,515
Re:

Now that's a beautiful machine you have there.
If you were interested in selling to me I can assure it will go to a good home (VCC Member)
Regards,
Nick

Second dibs, certainly one missing from my collection. (See below)
Ps I’m also a paid up member of the VCC ;)

Ps that frame was built in March 1955.

See my CB frame number thread here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=392124

But going back to how much?
It all depends on who’s looking to buy, you could stick it on eBay at £200 and it not even get noticed.
Post it on here and have two CB nuts hankering for it then who knows how much it could go for? :D

Sent PM on Sunday

Re:

Dear Royce & Kelvin, thank you so much for the beautiful Saxon. It will be loved and cherished,
ATB Nick

Re: Re:

Land_Raver":2kxe99yh said:
Dear Royce & Kelvin, thank you so much for the beautiful Saxon. It will be loved and cherished,
ATB Nick

Hang on, did I miss something?

That’s a keeper for sure & ripe for renovation as those frames are very rare if genuine?? once done up with quality equipment it could easily be 1000+ quid...

Nob":23mdfpbw said:
That’s a keeper for sure & ripe for renovation as those frames are very rare if genuine?? once done up with quality equipment it could easily be 1000+ quid...

Agreed, little bit gutted that I missed out, but you can’t win them all.

I hope we see a build thread on here soon (with Raleigh badged Weinmanns first to go :facepalm:)

PeachyPM":2376mm8b said:
Ps I’m also a paid up member of the VCC ;)

Perhaps that was the problem..!

As an aside I'd like to know just how many V-CC members are lurking on this forum.

Rk.

Back