Claud Butler Frame Numbers 1960's - 1980's

TheElectronKid

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This is definitely a topic that Peachy has a strong interest in, so I hope I'm not invading another Claud man's space.

Long story short. I used to ride a yellow version of this frame to school in the early 70's and then my younger brother had this Blue Flam frameset a few years later.

I bought a yellow frameset off ebay about 10 yrs ago and think I posted some pics here, though not sure they're still viewable.

About 5 yrs ago I bought another Electron frameset in blue and built it up for my brother, who rides it to work in the summer when the weather's good.

I've had lots of really nice steel frames since and the plain gauge Reynolds tubing on these frames does lack something, however I think the paint scheme is a classic.

Claud Butler is a real Iconic name in the bike world and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Attachments

• Claud Butler  Electron - Blue Flam - Frame No..jpg
    Claud Butler Electron - Blue Flam - Frame No..jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 671
Re:

The photos in the above posts are from a current ebay auction.

I will get round to photographing the 70's Electron frames I have ASAP.

Appreciate all the work Claud Butler enthusiasts have put in to the forum and look forward to seeing more classic " Clauds"

Hello TEK,
Yes, I did notice that one, and have added it to my list. (of Holdsworth Claud Numbers)
Something of note is that this one wasn’t made with the slightly heavier Prugnell pipes but Reynolds 531, a frame that was only advertised in 1976 so quite rare as far as Electrons go! :cool:
(something else worth noting is the frame is stamped 67135 but the forks 65135. possible mix-up in the factory?) :?:

Ps. plenty of space on this forum for fans of The Claud & you were here before me!
:D

Reynolds 531 1976 Electron

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

allenh":29q23tiv said:
TheElectronKid":29q23tiv said:
Blue Flam Electron Frame

Ooh I like that and its in my size too.

Cheap as chips, and the best Electron built....

So who snapped this for £41 then? Bargain price..... :xmas-cool:

Attachments

• 2DC682D6-88AA-4A01-A45D-A39A2DDB8D32.jpeg
    2DC682D6-88AA-4A01-A45D-A39A2DDB8D32.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 483
Back