Corima Cougar

PaulOz

Dirt Disciple
The first in what looks to be an ongoing theme of recreating the bikes I lusted after as a yoof but couldn't afford.... 1997 Corima Cougar.

Ex Team GB sprint frame which was a bit beaten up, resprayed to celebrate Boardmans 1994 hour record bike... but with the different front end/bar setup... making it actually useable. Recreating the 4 spoke decals was the most 'entertaining' bit, having to do so from scratch, Corima having no digital record of them.

Look sprint bars the only modern addition... because they look so right. And still french.

Weighs a ton, but once up to speed a stunning thing on the track. And gets way more comments than anything else I've ridden - the kids all thinking its brand new, not 1/4 century old tech!

Attachments

• corimacomp7.jpg
    corimacomp7.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,389
  • corimacomp4.jpg
    corimacomp4.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,389
  • corimacomp5.jpg
    corimacomp5.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,390
  • corimacomp6.jpg
    corimacomp6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,390
  • corimacomp3.jpg
    corimacomp3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • corimacomp1.jpg
    corimacomp1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,389
Re: Re:

Tre":2w6xeg4g said:
Hi. If you ever want to sell this bike please let us know. Thanks
Much appreciated! But no it'll be with me until i shuffle from this mortal coil... or am bankrupt and need to pay the mortgage. Whichever comes first ;o)

PaulOz":3uz9ebsz said:
Tre":3uz9ebsz said:
Much appreciated! But no it'll be with me until i shuffle from this mortal coil... or am bankrupt and need to pay the mortgage. Whichever comes first ;o)

Bank managers would just be like “Don’t worry about the repayments - I can see you’ve got more important things to do.”

That’s just an amazing looking thing.

Goldie":jlx2v51j said:
PaulOz":jlx2v51j said:
Tre":jlx2v51j said:

Bank managers would just be like “Don’t worry about the repayments - I can see you’ve got more important things to do.”

That’s just an amazing looking thing.
Indeed! Also if I was actually bankrupt... I wouldn't have to pay the mortgage any more.... and my wife would think it was only worth what I told her it cost. Maybe.

Lovely bike, and a great restoration and build. I am in love with the passion and creative freedom happening in bicycle design at this time. So many wonderful looking machines came out of this era.

Back