....into the Lions’ Den - I admit it, I have a Klein...

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
...I went mainly off-road very early, having lost friends to left-turning cars and other idiocy - on the road I had my back broken by a fool jumping a red light - and I couldn’t quite bring myself to go completely ‘road’ when I needed some miles in the flatlands.So I bought a Klein Quantum - gorgeous purple-green metalflake fade, usual Klein OS Ali tubing, but with a carbon rear end and carbon forks. It feels like I reach into MTB history when I ride it, but on a road rocket......anyone else doing the renegade thing amongst the Italians?.......

Thanks SF

THM - research suggests that a small amount of Marmite is good for you but a large amount is definitively bad......

2manyoranges":zj4bk296 said:
anyone else doing the renegade thing amongst the Italians?.......
Yes, all through the late 80's and the 90's i had a series of part time bike shop gigs and a number of italian bikes of my own. Without fail, every brand let me down. Badly built, odd handling (in my size at least) and shitty importers.

So they don't even feature on any of my lists, bikes to buy, bikes to recommend, bikes to lust after........ (i don't even like working on them! Which is a shame, as one of my mates over here lusts after all things italian, trying to work on his new TT bike is an exercise in futlity. I suppose i can be glad he's not into campag as well.......)

Back