1950 Rotrax Super Course

Stump28

Dirt Disciple
A little later than I’d liked and following on from my previous build below:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=371070

Picked up a 1950 Rotrax Super Course as my next project. Frame only so it’ll be a complete rebuild and frame spray. Been waiting a while for one to come up which wasn’t already restored or in already good condition so very pleased with it in all. Likely to be a slower build than my last but will update as I go on.

Photos to follow soon!

Re:

So, slow start to this one. After stripping the frame for painting the stays turned out to be quite pitted, nothing to deep but enough to warrant a proper repair job. Unfortunately the friend that'll be filling them is taking a year out so a proper restore is going to have to go on hold for the foreseeable. In the mean time the frame will be temporarily filled and a quick home finish done.

base colour now on.

5505BE15-3DBA-4BF0-8032-0F3B3F1C84C5 by ash reynolds, on Flickr

Re:

Fine colour choice my friend. I have too many frames at the mo but a Rotrax Super Course would be my choice for a 'too many+1' scenario.

Looking good, classy colour combo :) are the decals lacquered over, I wonder if it's the angle of the pics but the downtube decal looks a little low down and wonder if it will be half covered by the chainset?

Does look nice and agree with the others with it being a classy colour combination.
This will build up pretty special I think :)

Jamie

Back