Raleigh 531 lightweight build.

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Stumbled across this whilst clearing out the loft, I had forgotten I bought it (over a year ago) :oops: :facepalm:

Better late than never :)

Plans are to fit some Mavic MA2s with Miche Hubs I have in the loft, then see what other bits I have forgotten about.

bf2buh.jpg

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":13gs7w3p said:
If I remember correctly, I had forgotten I had sold you this too :facepalm:

Late last night towards the end of my first days loft clearance (never mind the sheds :oops: ) I found a box with the group-set, levers and shifters you sold me too :cool:

Re:

Ha ha. I like it. Kind of makes a mockery of the N+1 joke.
But then again so do I. Every time I do a mental count I come up with a different number!

Re:

Need some tech help with finishing the gearing !

I am in the process of building up this beauty as a winter/fast training bike for when its too wet for the Chas Roberts. I want to stick with DT shifters for period look, easy of fitting and simple maintenance.

I have RX100 mechs. front and back. The rear mech takes a max cog teeth of 28.

My questions are.

1) I cant seem to find a 11/12 to 28 screw on 7 speed freewheel in the websites that I have tried, anyone know of somewhere ?

2) The Cranks are 52/36 will the RX100 front mech work with this difference in range and if so will it go lower to allow a smaller granny ring?

3) I have 105 SL 1055 indexed/friction downtube shifters, does anyone know how many gears these can work in the 'indexed' set up (they are in storage so I cant check myself :oops: :facepalm: ) Pretty sure they are 7 speed and is written on the side :oops: :facepalm:

Thanks in advance !

Re:

Suntour did a 7 speed screw on freewheel that went down to 12 tooth but as a rule the freewheel mechanism was too large to go smaller than 13t. Suntour managed it by 'piggybacking' it onto the 6th cog, IIRC.
You could (and I did) build up your own set of ratios - although it has to be said that there was a dodgy batch once and I ripped the teeth off a few cogs getting up West Dean Hill. All 9 1/2 stone of me!

Re:

Just a recent mock-up, blue tyres will be replaced with black ones.

Was originally thinking of a white saddle and white bartape, but now swinging towards a light brown/honey saddle and the same colour leather bartape :)

White or brown/honey thoughts ????

2hdyzk3.jpg

Re:

I need a stepped ferrule for this Raleigh frame, unfortunately the bike is in storage and I am at work :facepalm:

Anyone know what size I need in mm for the rear mech cable/frame :?:

Latest posts

Back