Visom - my project for the winter

bjornwestergren

Retro Newbie
Hi, new here and thought I needed a thread for my vintage road bike project. I recently bought this Visom bike since I wanted something to do during the winter. I have owned a Crescent Världsmästarcykel a few years ago and restored and modified it as I wanted it.

Bought the bike for 130€, it's equipped with Campagnolo parts and some other that you probably can identify for me? I've read that Visom (a Swedish cyclestore) bought frames from italy, mostly Daccordi and the put their decals on it and build it with components that they wanted, I haven't weight it yet but it feels light and rides beautiful!

I'm going to clean it, polish the parts and change some of them. I've order new handlebar tape, a Turbo saddle and some new tires for it already. I will also change the brake levers, pedals and probably the bottle cage.

I want a gold chain on it, is there any new chain that works on this one? I have KMC gold chains on my newer bikes and thinks it looks stunning, or do I have to look for som old chains on Ebay? The bike as 6s Campagnolo.

Well, som pics.

Attachments

• P1000642.jpg
    P1000642.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 1,082
  • P1000628.jpg
    P1000628.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000630.jpg
    P1000630.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000631.jpg
    P1000631.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000632.jpg
    P1000632.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000633.jpg
    P1000633.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000634.jpg
    P1000634.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • P1000635.jpg
    P1000635.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,082
Re:

And some more pics.

Attachments

• P1000636.jpg
    P1000636.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,073
  • P1000637.jpg
    P1000637.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,073
  • P1000639.jpg
    P1000639.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,073
  • P1000641.jpg
    P1000641.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,073
Re:

Winter project?

You must have very short winters, couple of hours and that will be done as it already looks excellent.

Re: Re:

NeilM":2jd89egw said:
Winter project?

You must have very short winters, couple of hours and that will be done as it already looks excellent.

Must be a typo Neil.... should say weekend project :LOL:

Ps Gorgeous bike Bjornwestergren

Thanks for the respons.

Yes winter project, we have kind of long winters here in Sweden but since I'm becoming a father of twins in a week or two I guess that time is not a thing I will have a lot of. My "main garage" for the project are 500km from my home (my fathers is helping me) it will take time, and since I wont have time top ride it it's OK :)

Yesterday I recieved the handlebar tape and next week my new Saddle and bottles will arrive :)

bjornwestergren":bd6nphvq said:
Thanks for the respons.

Yes winter project, we have kind of long winters here in Sweden but since I'm becoming a father of twins in a week or two I guess that time is not a thing I will have a lot of. My "main garage" for the project are 500km from my home (my fathers is helping me) it will take time, and since I wont have time top ride it it's OK :)

Yesterday I recieved the handlebar tape and next week my new Saddle and bottles will arrive :)

Ah ha! congratulations...twins! fantastic! you might just get time to put that tape on! :D

bjornwestergren":132800xq said:
Thanks for the respons.

Impending twins arrival and the bike being 500Km away, yep might take a while then, one winter might not be enough.

Lovely looking thing though, does look to be a bit of a mix of components so I expect some have been replaced over the years but it looks perfectly ride-able as it is.

allenh":9fme91pl said:
Impending twins arrival and the bike being 500Km away, yep might take a while then, one winter might not be enough.

Lovely looking thing though, does look to be a bit of a mix of components so I expect some have been replaced over the years but it looks perfectly ride-able as it is.

Yeah will try to find Campagnolo brake levers but guess they build it with a mix and the some owner have replaced some of them. No the bike will be done buy next summer, the kids have to give me some hours then and then :D

The mechs and shifters don't match but that doesn't mean they weren't what it was fitted with of course, the shifters are Simplex, rear mech is Super Record and front is 980, can you find any catalogues or photo's showing what should be on it?

Back